Philippines top side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stortecky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are heading out to Philippines in June. We are landing and the Manila airport and then taking the bus/boat to Puerto Galera for our main diving. We want to do about 10 days out of the 15 days were are there. I am not looking at taking any extra flights or super long out of the way road trips But I was looking for some nice top side activities and maybe a couple of must dive sites that are not at Puerto Galera.

I know I wasn't very specific what we are looking for but I guess I am not 100% sure what is out there.

Thanks
Ryan

You can day-trip or 2/3 day dive in Anilao or Subic Bay. Both are easy 2-3 hour drive from Manila.

Anilao Scuba Diving

Wreck Dive Subic Bay

Manila is good for shopping and limited sight-seeing. You can do the modern shops and restaurants in Greenbelt. Makati. The indoor market at Greenhills (Ortigas) is great for cheap clothing, especially over-run designer goods. There is some history to see at Intramuros.

Last edited:
Puerto Galera: Tamaraw Falls, a day trip; The Magaya village also a day trip.
Anilao: Tagatay, Lake Taal, (a caldera, inside the caldera is a lake, inside the lake is a colapsed volcano island, inside the colapsed volcano is a lake inside the lake is a volcano!!); Columba, both day trips.
Manila: Greenbelt; Mall of Asia; Luneta; Corregidore;
Subic: Mt Pinatubo; Jungle survival course; Binaue is a two day trip!

I would suggest Taal volcanoe area (south of Manila) and Corrigidor Island (you can get on a boat right in Manila habor for the tour - 4 hours or so?).

Agreed, the ridge at Tagayatay is pretty neat and Corrigidor is great if you are at all interested in history.

Something really easy to do at when you are away from the city lights. Look up at the sky. One of my favorite things on Malapascua Island is just look up in the night sky and see all those stars you hardly ever see for all the night time light pollution. It is even better if you have a few coconut palm trees to frame the view.

Ryan, Check out & do Scuba Tech Philippines 1st and you can do a short jump to Duca Bay,Camiguin or to Cebu. It\s fast and easy to get to the other islands. I use to fly out of Billy Mitchell Airfield in Wisconsin with the USAF. If you need help or suggestions let me know. I live here in the Philippines now.
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom