Philippines - planning a trip for this Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha well names ive forgot they have the lead DM that speaks german and the filipino guy who takes out most people although the german takes most of the europeans. They also have a few assistant DMs. its been 3 months I apologize. I tipped the lead DM and also my DM and they really took care of me after that including replacing the top on my pony for free which wasnt cheap.

in the philippines they will walk on water for you if you tip every day. Even non filipinos that work there as they get paid almost nothing per day.
No worries and thank you. Agree for sure. They are very service oriented. I have never been so spoiled as in the Phil. I tend to tip mid and last day. In case they need cash for activities of daily living.

They will do that with a smile regardless of tip. Also applies to Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand.
As for the tip I do that at the end of the trip, I have never heard/seen anyone tipping anyone everyday.
impractical. you tip your DM after a day of diving. You may never use that DM again. Not talking about a liveaboard.

impractical. you tip your DM after a day of diving. You may never use that DM again. Not talking about a liveaboard.
Really?
Have been diving in SE Asia for over 23yrs and as far I am concern it is the most practical way regarding tipping. If the guide is a freelancer I could leave the money with the shop and ask them to pass on. Tipping is the last thing in my mind after a day of diving.

It is your choice but definitely not mine.

Not seen anybody tipping each day (first dives in the Phils/Indonesia in 99, going 2-3 times each year), usually the dive guide (don't know why you're speaking of DMs, some are, some are not), you get on your first day is the same you'll have on your last day diving, and if it's not the case, you'd certainly see the other one around.
And if you asked for not having that guide again, may be he doesn't deserve a tip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom