Philippines IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

popmirrorman

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking to do the PADI ICD next year in the Philippines. Also, if possible i would look to work for the centre i do it with on completion. Can anyone recommend a good IDC centre in any of the islands?

Many thanks,

Ian.

Yes Asia Divers would be the best choice. They have the highest success rate for IE's and so far the best IDC center I have seen around the country. Regarding employment, they may not have a job to offer you outright but they will be willing to help you find one and I believe you automatically get a one month internship opportunity with them after the IE.

Thanks for the replys. I looked at the website and it looks like a good centre. My only concern is that i get the impression that are a bit of a 'Factory' churning out DM's and Instructors. Am i wide off the mark here?

you are wide off the mark yes. it is very professional and the top school in PI for sure. I know several local guys who started off as boat drivers and one is even now a Course Director. They are top notch and offer personalized professional service with all the support one could ask for.

popmirrorman:
Thanks for the replys. I looked at the website and it looks like a good centre. My only concern is that i get the impression that are a bit of a 'Factory' churning out DM's and Instructors. Am i wide off the mark here?

"factory"?! OMG....you'll be the first IDC candidate to be banned to drink at The Point!:D

I assure you they are not. I know Warren Dixon and he does more than just train people to pass the IE. They have a lot of instructor candidates because they are good at instructor development.

That sounds good then, thanks for setting me straight! I'll look into it in more detail, cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom