Philippine's Honeymoon Part II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennyscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I posted a few months ago and you all convinced me that the place for me and my lady to go was El Nido, Palawan for some honeymooning and diving. So we are! Still debating between Miniloc & Lagen though leaning towards Miniloc b/c the reef sounds better and the scene sounds more relaxed (any thoughts on that?)...

So the part II questions is where else to go in the Philippines for 3 -4 days, to experience the country itself. We only have a bit over a week so were going to do 4- 5 days in El Nido and then were thinking of just going to Manilla - might as well see the capital. But if there is a better place to visit for 3-4 days either on the outside of Manilla or somewhere else entirely we're open. We've both done a fair bit of travel so are open to adventure and I imagine after a few days on an Island will be relaxed enough to handle anything!

Also, we will be travelling over x-mas so I imagine that this is a crazy time of year...

thanks,

bg

Hm if you're interested in something different (non beach) then consider heading up north to Baguio. Suppose to be a charming little city with terraced rice patties surrounding it. I haven't been there yet (on my to see list) but all my friends who go there say it's worth it. I believe you can fly out there from Manila if don't want to deal with the long haul bus.

If you're in for more diving, then maybe split the 3-4 remaining days between Anilao and Manila. There is also Lake Taal (volcanic lake/caldera) between Manila and Anilao.

Hmm 4 days in Manila ... depends what interests you - how about Imelda Marcos shoe collection? Mall culture?

There are many things to do in and around Manila which are interesting, but be warned a lot of Manila is not for the faint-hearted, some of the very visible poverty is heart breaking.

Puerto Galera / Sabang is 1/2 day away and quiet easy to get to via bus service or driver if you want to splash out, great diving and quiet a few nicely priced hotels - I like the La Laguna Beach Club hotel (La Laguna Beach Club and Dive Centre, Puerto Galera, Philippines) its is on the quieter side of Sabang and has a great room options that you can treat yourselves with since its your special holiday. Its a nice place, dive centre is right there, food and staff were good. Aussie owner and mates get a bit noisy around sundowner time thats the only bother if you want a quiet time. There are fancier more private places as well in that area, but it is a village, and quiet a pleasant one I might add.

I wouldnt really venture up north in that short space of time.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom