Phil J. Patz dies on wreck near Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vondo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Suburban diver dies in Lake Michigan - Chicago Breaking News

I don't believe I've ever met this individual, although I'm sure others have. Nothing to add to this except my thoughts for the family.

-----------------------------

PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. -- A diver from suburban Chicago died in deep water in the Wisconsin waters of Lake Michigan, authorities said today.

The Ozaukee County Sheriff's Department said 48-year-old Phil. J. Patz of Stone Park, Ill., was diving in about 300 feet of water on Thursday afternoon when he failed to surface. His body was later recovered, and he was pronounced dead about four hours later.

It happened about nine miles southeast of the Port Washington harbor. Port Washington is about 20 miles north of Milwaukee.

The sheriff's department said no further information on the case of death or any investigative findings will be released before Monday.

--The Associated Press

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Condolences thread is here. Please use this thread to offer any information on the mishap itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom