Phenomenal service from a computer manufacturer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not a dive computer per se, but do run V-Planner on it so that qualifies I guess.

So my laptop battery has recently begun petering out after only about 10min after unplugging. Finally decided to do something about it, since I've only got about a month left on the one-year warranty.

Well, I gathered my receipts and everything and logged on to "Live Chat" with a large drink and about an hour to kill...prepared for the battle of a lifetime debating over what is "normal" vs "a defect" etc.

Well, 10min later I was completely dejected as I logged off of my all-to-brief chat with someone name Srivi.

Never got to express my outrage...
Never got to wave my date receipts in his virtual face...
Never even got to ask for his supervisor, much less speak to him/her...

All I got was promises! A promise of a desire to help, followed by a promise to rectify the situation quickly, followed by a bizarrely efficient on-line diagnostic, followed by a promise of new battery, including a promise of postage paid packaging to return the dud battery when the new one arrives.

Sure, I'm I thinking "Sounds good" but when am I gonna get this mythical new battery? Imagining some similarly befallen battery being currently "Factory refurbished" no doubt at the hands of someone living in the same village as Srivi. So I ask him what info he could provide in terms of "how long" I'd be on hold waiting to hear about next steps and waiting to be asked to submit proof that I bought/registered the computer I said I bought in the allotted time, which is now rapidly narrowing.... to the point where I'm preparing for what I'm imagining will be a battle of attrition to see who's gonna give-in first.

I knew it was all over for him; from his first question when he made some thinly disguised gambit about needing my home address for some reason. Claiming they were shipping a factory-new (non refurbished) new battery and wanted to put the address on the box. Gave him name and shipping information, and asked him when I would get confirmation about when I'd be seeing this alleged battery...when a new window opens up with the familiar brown and white logo, indicating that my factory new battery not only has my name and address on the box already, but also has a UPS tracking number, clicking on which reveals that my new laptop battery would be delivered to my preferred shipping address with scheduled arrival by noon Wednesday.

So now I REALLY have about an hour to kill.

:-D

Way cool.

Since you are shouting out kudos, would you please share with us which computer company you had such a good experience with?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom