Phantom Hoses are made in China.

Do you feel safe with Chinese Hoses?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have first hand knowledge that would indicate that they are inferior or dangerous as compared to any other hoses currently on the market, other than the fact that they are made in China and English is not their first language, if so I'd be very interested. Cheers.

No and I don't want first hand knowledge, thats the point.

Its got nothing to do with language (albeit someone who suggests cleaning inside a hose, .....), or anoverall objection to China - again I produce stuff just outside Beijing. Its what it is, life support gear, and the lack of CE certification which I consider important given the origin.

If a manfacturer is going to spend time designing a safe hose, wouldn't they not suggest I clean the hoses in Engrish? Or conversely - if they couldn't be bothered write it in the target language, can I be sure they bothered spend the eng time making it to accepted international standards? Or non-English speaking manfacturers manage just fine.

If they took a shortcut worth pennies on some text, what other shortcuts did they take.

No and I don't want first hand knowledge, thats the point.

Its got nothing to do with language (albeit someone who suggests cleaning inside a hose, .....), or anoverall objection to China - again I produce stuff just outside Beijing. Its what it is, life support gear, and the lack of CE certification which I consider important given the origin.

If a manfacturer is going to spend time designing a safe hose, wouldn't they not suggest I clean the hoses in Engrish? Or conversely - if they couldn't be bothered write it in the target language, can I be sure they bothered spend the eng time making it to accepted international standards? Or non-English speaking manfacturers manage just fine.

If they took a shortcut worth pennies on some text, what other shortcuts did they take.

I think posting a warning about a hose without empirical evidence and a hose that has shown no history of failing anymore than another and in fact less than some big name EU, EN250, CE approved hoses a little premature and a little unfair. However I respect your opinion and decision not to dive with them. Safe diving. Cheers.

Just because something is made in China does not make it inherently bad or unsafe. What matters is the quality specified in the contract. The Chinese can build a BMW with the same quality as the Germans, they just can't do it for $5,000. The poor quality Chinese goods here that are imported into to the USA by American firms that specified that quality or does not perform quality checks. In other worlds, the Chinese sell us junk because we ask them to.

Objecting to the poor English in the document makes me laugh. I have a Japanese camera -- I don't think anybody would argue that the Japanese make poor photographic goods, but the manual on the camera is almost unintelligible in places. I don't judge the quality of goods by the quality of the translators the company employs.

HOG regs are made in China, and I don't think anyone here would call them bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And they have a CE certification. If someone makes stuff in china and their product is such that they will not buy other items made there I'd like to know what crap it is they are selling so I can avoid it. For me I don't care about CE certs as I do not live in Europe. A place where honest law abidng citizens cannot own firearms to protect themselves in much of it without jumping.through hoops. I'd buy a chinese or taiwanese product before anything made in most european countries.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Yeeeeee haw Jim!

I do not live in Europe. A place where honest law abidng citizens cannot own firearms to protect themselves in much of it without jumping.through hoops. I'd buy a chinese or taiwanese product before anything made in most european countries.

.... because it's easier to get a gun license in China and Tawian, thus their products are better?! How much you been drinkin?

I think it's a given, that quality control decreases proportionately to factory overtime-hours worked. China is not exactly renowned for their policy of a 35hr working week.

Just sayin...

Well, those who rushed to the defense of this product would be interested to know that my HP Phantom failed catastrophically in the Florida keys last week, it blew at the joining of the metal and braiding by the 1st stage. Feel safe now with your Engrish hose?

And now i find it's been recalled.

Innovative Scuba Phantom High Pressure Hose Recall

Even stranger, as I have 2 I'm sending it back and their recall form is a direct clone of the MiFLex one, except in word. They obviously are just some shack in china that slavishly copies.

I had tossed my LP one (that caused this thread) with the engrish but stupidly kept the HP as I was already pissed at havign to send back the Miflex.

What is wrong with made in China? They had history of making lower quality products, but they are able to, and has been making of high quality things, all smart phones, computers, most clothing including those brand names. The real crime is for those "us", Americans, knowing we can make more profit by manufacturing things in China, they proceed and take advantage of that country, pocket the profit, enjoy the product, then talk about how "bad" their products is, how they steal "our" jobs. "we" need to put our foot where our mouth is. If "we" think they make low quality, dangerous stuffs, don't use any of them.

Also, since you are in Bay Area, your bay bridge is manufatured and build by a Chinese company in Shanghai. Why?? because such an industry has diminished in North America. Tell me you won't cross that bridge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom