PG vs. Dumaguete?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

depends on what you're looking for. PG has good all around diving. lots of options topside and UW. Dumaguete is the better option if you're into macro.

Hi Jigo, is vis better one place than the other? Or the coral healthier?
BTW, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. I'll hit both places at some point, just not right now :)

Mich.

I have only been to PG, But I can say it was the best dive trip I have ever been on so far.

I stayed at the Atlantis resort and the service there is top notch, The diving was/is Breath taking and I found the health of the reef and the marine life to be outstanding.

Matt Reed is the manager there and is a member on this board if you want to ask him any of the specifics.

If you choose PG, Make sure you go on the day trip to Verdi Island wall dive.

I have been on many dive trips (PG is the only one in Philippines) and Again this is the very best for me.

Thanks for the report, Jim! It's definitely making me super excited for my upcoming trip!

Apples and oranges....PG is a more FISH and Party place and Duma is MACRO lovers heaven with quiet evenings.

Puerto Galera is great for all around diving; rec,tech wreck,nature,drift, deep, etc.
Dumagete is great for reefs, and fish. Vis is better in Dumagete.
Over-all, you can't go wrong!

I have only dived Apo Island, not the mainland side. When I went the viz on Apo were both excellent and also not as great depending on the time of day. This also happened to me in PG. Overall both places can have great viz, so asking that question has no practical value in deciding which place to go to.

H2Odragon1 and BabyD summed it up in a nutshell. I would add that I saw a larger concentration of pelagics on Apo than I saw in PG.

PG it is! I'll be sure to post my trip report in mid-Feb!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom