PG vs. Dumaguete?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puerto Galera is great for all around diving; rec,tech wreck,nature,drift, deep, etc.
Dumagete is great for reefs, and fish. Vis is better in Dumagete.
Over-all, you can't go wrong!

I am happy to say that after my recent dive site exploration I have a good feeling you are going to start seeing a lot more tech diving in and around the Visayas; watch this space for more over the coming months...

Apo Island certainly has technical and trimix dives as good as anything in PG, and it is a short trip on the right boat! But of course PG will always have that something special. :wink:

Thanks, Matt (and thanks for the PM)! I'm aiming to get to Dumaguete now soon, too :)

PG?! Ehe. The best DM in our sister resort in PG asked for a transfer to the Dumaguete resort. And one of the reasons is probably better diving, I hope. :D

PG definitely has its charms (several of them are in the ,erm, "divesite" called Broadway), but I still prefer my sand dark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom