PG: Mabuhay dive resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelem, one option then is to try to book one of the package trips through the local dive shops (diving adventure, prodive, or any of the Kowloon shops etc...) if their schedules match with yours. Usually they'll have one of their instructors/ shop staff go with the group and the package price can be pretty cheap.

Anyways, even if you go alone, it's a safe area. There is just one stretch before the Point Bar at Asia Divers where it's a bit dark, so if it's a moonless night maybe bring a torch along.
But usually there's always a few people walking back and forth through that area.

Last edited:
I will book thru Pro Dive.

I try to choose among El Galleon, Lalaguna Beach Club or Mabuhay dive resort.

Which one is better in terms of dive master, dive shop facilities, dive boat, resort, resutaurant and beach front location?

I read the beach in front of the Mabuhay dive resort is gone, is it true?

I haven't been back to PG in awhile. Maybe the others can chime in. Not sure if last year's typhoon did any damage to the beach. But to be honest with you, there is not much of a beach on Small Lalaguna (Mabuhay & El Galleon). Big Lalaguna (Lalaguna Beach Club) has a slightly nicer beach.

I'm not familiar with the dive ops at Mabuhay. I usually use Asia Divers and have stayed at Lalaguna Beach Club (LLBC) once and will give both dive staffs thumbs up. If you want a more quieter time, LLBC would be a better choice as it's on the far end of Big Lalaguna beach. Rooms were a bit basic back then. Bit of a walk to get to Small Lalaguna and Sabang (actually you need to climb over a hill - there is a path though). That's the advantage of El Galleon and Mabuhay. If you're not happy with the food at those resorts, you can just walk over to Sabang where there are a lot of options for the restaurants.

here's a view from Club Mabuhay's restaurant (not much)...
notice the resort's "blue" boats with awning.
1221774185_d4f6865ecb_o.jpg

i actually liked the food in mabuhay... but their food service takes FOREVER... as in FOREVEEEEEEERRRR...

easily 1.5 hours for a group lunch... maybe more...

not that it's significantly better in El Galleon...

so i'd suggest you plan ahead... and the kimchi-jige is good :wink:

Jag

Is the beach still there?

I read typhoon in 2007 moved away the small beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom