Peso is plunging to 17yrs low

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are some projections that the PHP may continue to get weaker. This is a plus for us "Kano's" that exchange USD to live here in the Phils, but not so much for the Philippine people.

For those on or pegged to the USD, this year is a great time to consider a dive trip to the Philippines.

There are some projections that the PHP may continue to get weaker. This is a plus for us "Kano's" that exchange USD to live here in the Phils, but not so much for the Philippine people.

For those on or pegged to the USD, this year is a great time to consider a dive trip to the Philippines.
Not a good news for the Pinoys. The DH in HK will be pleased when they wire the money home.
HK$ is still pegged with US$ but 7 days of quarantine is still required. Hopefully it will relax a bit in few months time.

56.45 is the record.
I might have to change the title to "all time low" soon.

yea but.......it used to be 800 bucks round trip from California to Cebu. Its now like two grand. Or was recently. And thats not taking into consideration thousands of flights a day world wide cancelled and specifically for me as I love diving around Cebu as a main launch spot, there are no more direct flights. You gotta stop in Manila now....

so theres always a plane switch now there are two plane switches each way.

You might save a bit on hotels but you lose more on airlines

I have regularly been changing USD to peso since 2004, so no complaints with the current exchange rate.
Round trip CLT - MNL flights have been running $1k to $1.5k most years, and still in that price range right now when booking a flight for this fall.

I suspect the extra fuel cost has a much bigger impact on the fare than exchange rate.
The basic return fare from HK to Phuket is around US$156.00 but the additional fuel surcharge is US$80.00 ie. 33% of the total fare($240.00).

The cost of the fare or the exchange rate are out of my control so I do not worry too much about them. Long haul is a distant memory for me but Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand are not very far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom