Personal storage while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't trust it. What I do is I have a non-chipped key made (like at Ace Hardware) that fits the door. That key can get wet, but will open the car. Everything else gets hidden inside the car, the non-chipped key goes diving with me.

A small pelibox which I leave on the boat, or an old fashioned no blipper car key for shore dives. Wont be long now before all car keys have blippers, which will be a pain, ho hum.

I would not trust it as well. Years ago an Aquapac pouch leaked while swimming in a pool and destroyed my iPod.

I take my key off the remote and attach it to a split ring on a D ring. With the remote I disable the car's alarm and leave the remote in the car. To lock the car I use the remote leaving one door open, put the remote in the car and close the last door.

Adam

I wouldn't trust it. What I do is I have a non-chipped key made (like at Ace Hardware) that fits the door. That key can get wet, but will open the car. Everything else gets hidden inside the car, the non-chipped key goes diving with me.

And one for my dive buddy also. That way if something happens, the cell phone is accessible (or you can still go for a burger).

I purchased a solution known as the Otter box, it is watertight to 100 feet and I used it for 13 dives in hawaii and it kept my cards, money and rental car key dry as a bone. I had it down to 105' and it still didn't flood. I have the Otter box 2000 series LINK and would definitely recommend it as it holds up well.

I have a secret key on the car frame. It's not easy to find (it's pretty far under there in an odd spot), but both my buddy and I know how to find it. We take another spare key down in my buddy's swimsuit pocket under his wetsuit. So far that's worked pretty well. My car is OLD OLD OLD so there are no electronics in the keys! Either of us can get into the car within 5 minutes of getting the gear off.

I store everything inside my car trunk (locked) and take the key with me clipped to my BCD with a locking carabiner. I don't have a chip key or anything so its not a problem.

Normally I will leave my car open with the tailgate open (station wagon) so when I get out of the water I just plop down to de-kit. I've only locked everything up once and took the key (with no electronics) with me inside my dry suit. However, this only applies to local diving at a small quarry. Whenever I go anyplace else I always ride with somebody else so I don't have to worry since everything of value is on me during the dive. If I were to drive there on my own I would lock up my car snugger than a bug in a rug

i got larry a hitch safe for christmas a few years ago, and that works nice.

i would use my can light's interior if i needed a small dry space for cash or keys or cards.

Back
Top Bottom