Permanent cuff rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frogman82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking of adding a set of permanent cuff rings to my legend drysuit, and I've looked at the dry adhesive tape that DRIS sells. Would this tape be suitable for installing the cuff rings to the suit?

The dry tape adheres to many materials but not all. There is no way to provide a definitive answer without knowing what your suit sleeve and rings are made of.

Fabrics especially can be tricky - even if the tape adheres well, it may not provide a watertight seal. If the suit you're using is the Crewsaver Legend made with the stretch fabric, I wouldn't have high expectations for success.

Steven Anderson
Chief Repair Geek
Dive Right In Scuba

The dry tape adheres to many materials but not all. There is no way to provide a definitive answer without knowing what your suit sleeve and rings are made of.

Fabrics especially can be tricky - even if the tape adheres well, it may not provide a watertight seal. If the suit you're using is the Crewsaver Legend made with the stretch fabric, I wouldn't have high expectations for success.

Steven Anderson
Chief Repair Geek
Dive Right In Scuba

It's a whites legend neoprene suit, but it has a smooth neoprene/rubber inside (not fabric). Looks like the fusion, but made from 2mm compressed neo. The patch kit from whites works very well on this suit.

Hey Frogman, have you considered the removable cuff systtem from Si-Tech? they will work on the Legend Suit.

You can take neoprene cement, put a few coats on about 1" thick around the cuff area. Let it dry FULLY. Then take the dryadhesive and adhere it on top of the neo cement. It will stick to that :wink: Then take your seal and stretch it over the adhesive. Get it into position, and start heating. That is the condensed version, but how you will want to install, if comfortable doing it, on a neoprene suit :wink:

Hey Frogman, have you considered the removable cuff systtem from Si-Tech? they will work on the Legend Suit.

Yes, but I was a bit tempted with the ease of seal replacement the permanent system offers.

You can take neoprene cement, put a few coats on about 1" thick around the cuff area. Let it dry FULLY. Then take the dryadhesive and adhere it on top of the neo cement. It will stick to that :wink: Then take your seal and stretch it over the adhesive. Get it into position, and start heating. That is the condensed version, but how you will want to install, if comfortable doing it, on a neoprene suit :wink:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!! :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom