Peregrine Silicone Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I will definitely be looking to find one soon.
After only 3 dives my Perdix 2 glass has some scratches, and the black paint of the bezel is wearing out (paid extra for black).
I was doing my deep water speciality cold water inland lakes.
Really surprised with this considering the price I paid for, and I’m really looking after it. I have no slight idea how could it have been scratched and paint worn out.
Trouble is finding anything in Europe for the Shearwater eq. At least for me.
It sadness me to see, month old dc, after 3 dives in this condition.

Attachments

• DD94BBDD-3BB5-46F5-BAA7-8E150BF3D4C8.jpeg
    DD94BBDD-3BB5-46F5-BAA7-8E150BF3D4C8.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 65
I've been diving Shearwater computers for over a decade. Two Petrels, a Perdix and a Peregrine. I don't see the point to these after market covers. The computers are bulletproof as is. I've never had a single nick, scrape, gouge or scratch that was anything more cosmetic.

Just sharing an alternative (but I believe a majority) point of view. If you want one, buy one. If it makes you feel more at ease diving the computer, more power to you.
Those minor nicks and scratches give you street cred.. or “ dive boat cred”. Shearwater should just sell them with nicks and scrapes like Fender did with “Road Worn” guitars.

Well I will definitely be looking to find one soon.
After only 3 dives my Perdix 2 glass has some scratches, and the black paint of the bezel is wearing out (paid extra for black).
I was doing my deep water speciality cold water inland lakes.
Really surprised with this considering the price I paid for, and I’m really looking after it. I have no slight idea how could it have been scratched and paint worn out.
Trouble is finding anything in Europe for the Shearwater eq. At least for me.
It sadness me to see, month old dc, after 3 dives in this condition.

The screen scratches appear to be just on the screen protector. That will happen. They disappear underwater. They are a complete non-issue. My Perdix AI came back from its regular maintenace interval with an entirely new case, screen and bezel a few months ago. My screen already has a few minor scratches/rub marks or two. It is impossible to prevent. Honestly, that's what the screen protector is for. Once submerged, they are invisible.

The scratches on the bezel are cosmetic but I'm wondering what you did to it? Clearly looks like it's been rubbed or dragged against something course. I formerly had a black annodized aluminum backplate. It looks like that all over. The black titanium bezel must be anodized or something like that. As @Saboteur said, it's "street cred". I went with the silver bezel on my Perdix 2 Ti. I'm anxious to see how it holds up. I hope it doesn't stay too pretty too long. It'll make me look like a newby.

Nothing really I could think of, therefore my surprise. I wear it on right hand, it’s possible it rubyagainst my orcatorch light or AL80 that I had across my chest on last dive, but I didn’t feel it. I have my hands 95% of the time, if not more, in front of me.

My answer to the screen protector problem.
Plus I want a light with me for those few times i don't have my 2 dive lights clipped to my D rings.
Also it doubles as a spare battery for main computer,
20230414_201747.jpg
20230414_201814.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom