• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Peregrine Safety Stop Depth

Discussion in 'Shearwater Research' started by g2, Aug 3, 2020.

1. JimBlay

JimBlay Divin' Papaw ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Very possible. Time will tell. At this point the only facts I know for certain are (1) I just got my Peregrine today it came with firmware 78 which is listed as the latest on the SRI website and (2) my Perdix AI latest firmware remains 72.

2. azstinger11

azstinger11 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Firmware difference makes sense currently. All the other Shearwater computers still use the OC Rec mode where as the Peregrine has the Air, Nitrox, 3 Gas in place of them. So they probably branched off the 72 Teric firmware and had some internal versions testing out the new modes getting to finally v78. They have said those modes will be replacing OC Rec on the other models as well, so just handling any device hardware specific changes and also probably letting the dust settles and bug reports come in (not a knock on shearwater but all software has bugs, just a matter of how many and where) and get fixed before moving it to all the other devices. We had similar stuff in my last job where a new product utilized a majority of the older products code base but had some new features that were planning on rolling back to the older devices (when capable).

3. Joneill

Joneill ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Not surprising - but why does that matter since the Peregrine is the DC being discussed?

4. tursiops

tursiops Marine Scientist and Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Doesn't matter to me, but it might matter to whomever it was that wanted to be able to "set" the safety stop depth....

5. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    So, the SS can be done between 7 and 27 feet, that should do it :).

rsingler likes this.
  6. Joneill

Joneill ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    True, but you do have you get above 20 ft to start the SS countdown - then you can just bounce รท/- 10 ft for 3-5 minutes :)

rjack321 and scubadada like this.