Perdix Compass--WOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the digital compass... would the motor on a scooter throw it off course. I was planning on mounting mine either on the body or the handle of my P1... curious if it'll get all wonky.

Do you need to calibrate it before use like some other digital compasses (e.g. iPhone, Suunto watches)?

For the digital compass... would the motor on a scooter throw it off course. I was planning on mounting mine either on the body or the handle of my P1... curious if it'll get all wonky.

Do you need to calibrate it before use like some other digital compasses (e.g. iPhone, Suunto watches)?

I assume the scooter would affect the compass, but I have not tested this. Maybe some others that have tried this can comment?

You need to calibrate for each battery change. Each battery has its own magnetic signature that requires compensation. The calibration itself only takes 15 seconds. See video here:

Best regards,
Tyler Coen
Shearwater Research

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom