Perdix AI - GTR and Tank Switching Notifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dives4Fun

Registered
Reaction score
I am just wondering if the Perdix AI has developed the Tank Switching Notifications and GTR for 2 tanks yet?

It still shows on their FAQ as it wasnt in initial release and I cant find modification information about their firmware updates.

Is there any other Air Integrated dive computer out there that would support 2 tanks and have this feature?

Check the manual for the Scubapro G2. Not sure if it does, but the G2 is better with it’s air time than the Perdix AI.
I dont know the software but as i understand tank 1 or 2 can be used for GTR calculations, and that tank can not be changed underwater. The other sensors are for monitoring buddy tanks. Until you can have 2 tanks of your own I dont think you can get what you want in the way that you want it I would also suspect that in order to get what you want to do a sidemount scheduling mode would have to be provided for because you are asking for a switching plan to be incorporated into the computer. which is different than saying when the tank gets to 300 psi notify me as time to change to the other tank. I personally can not envision how that would be done in a non awkward way without injecting safety issues.

Check the manual for the Scubapro G2. Not sure if it does, but the G2 is better with it’s air time than the Perdix AI.

Thanks so much! This was exactly what I was looking for. The G2 does have a sidemount mode and does alert you to change tanks by either the thirds rule or in a step mode.

I am just wondering if the Perdix AI has developed the Tank Switching Notifications and GTR for 2 tanks yet? ?

I've had my Perdix AI since something like January and I don't think there has been a single firmware update in that time. I keep hoping for some basic AI improvements. A sidemount mode and tank switch notifications sounds like a lot to hope for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom