Perdix AI - "AIR" symbol flashing red - why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Perdix Rec-Nitrox-Mode manual:

upload_2018-9-24_10-52-41.png

The MOD in rec mode is defined by both ppO2 limit and "max depth" setting in advanced config. The latter is set to 40 meters by default in the OC Rec mode.
Thus the Perdix flashes MOD warning with Air when you go deeper than 40 meters.

upload_2018-9-24_10-56-11.png

I think there are two manuals.

I use my Perdix in Rec mode if I am diving air as it isn’t easier than changing the mix etc.
Yes, two manuals - one operating manual and the second to cover the AI features.

In none of these I could find the clear explanation about the difference OC Rec and OC Tec functions. Maybe it doesn't need to be explained for users that have already have tec Dive Computers, but to me, it is still not clear.

Red mode has the option of safety stops, but mostly is a bit simplified to reduce the number of options. So you can only have 3 deco gases (or maybe backgas and two). You can only have one of three preset deco algorithm GF settings.

In practice this is all you need unless you are doing Trimix or CCR dives. Personally I don’t like their choice of GF settings though.

Safety stops are the key difference. Using a GF high of 95 is a bad idea, but if you are actually doing a 5 minute stop once you get there then it is much better.

Everything will make sense once you read the separate Rec mode manual.

From Perdix Rec-Nitrox-Mode manual:
View attachment 481346
The MOD in rec mode is defined by both ppO2 limit and "max depth" setting in advanced config. The latter is set to 40 meters by default in the OC Rec mode.
Thus the Perdix flashes MOD warning with Air when you go deeper than 40 meters.
View attachment 481347
Wow! Again THE answer I was looking for!!!

How can this not be in one of the two "usual" manuals? How many manuals are they for the Perdix AI?

BTW, is there some manual where, for example, the difference between OC Rec and OC Tec (and maybe the other CC) is clearly explained for "newbies"?

d1a7b3ba-8317-459d-b3fc-f76c374ef7c2

...this one, I assume.

Thanks a lot for this information.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-24_14-22-2.png
    upload_2018-9-24_14-22-2.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 59
Red mode has the option of safety stops, but mostly is a bit simplified to reduce the number of options. So you can only have 3 deco gases (or maybe backgas and two). You can only have one of three preset deco algorithm GF settings.

In practice this is all you need unless you are doing Trimix or CCR dives. Personally I don’t like their choice of GF settings though.

Safety stops are the key difference. Using a GF high of 95 is a bad idea, but if you are actually doing a 5 minute stop once you get there then it is much better.

Thank you Ken.

I've set my DC's GF to 40/85 which should correspond to medium. I'm still discovering the computer so I still keep an eye on my old and faithful Air Z :wink:

I like your way of answering "short and clear" :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom