Pepper Park, 7/14?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amw5g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are thinking of doing a shore dive or two at Pepper Park tomorrow (7/14). Called down to Dive Odyssea and they said conditions have been good, but that system is coming in tonight. Reports from a few of the weather & surf sites confirm this. However I'm too much of a condition feeb to be able to make the call tomorrow before we would need to leave the house- we're about 3h away and would head out around 7:30am or so. And of course no dive shops would be open at that hour to give us an update.

Any suggestions on how we might best be able to make a go/no go before we leave?

NDBC - Station 41114

This buoy is near Pepper Park, current conditions are 2.6 ft seas with a dominate wave period of 4 seconds. Not too good--good would be 1 ft seas and period of 10 seconds if the winds have been out of the west or nearly calm from the usual eastlerly direction...................I would drive down to the Blue Heron Bridge if the seas are uncooperative.

I also use www.wunderground.com for local weather--look for Ft Pierce and hourly forcast.

Appreciate the thoughts and the help on translating weather into prospective conditions. I need to get better at that.
High tide is 5am or 6pm so BHB is out, unfortunately.
Perhaps we'll shoot for the following weekend.
Cheers!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom