People who have bought from DiveInn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveDog

Contributor
Reaction score
How was the service? Do they really get it there in four days? How do you pay the duty, how much and who collects it?

Dave

They have been great. I've gotten stuff from them in 4 days, even over holidays. Incredible prices too. I've never paid any duty, but I think the shipper bills/collects it separately if required.

John

4 days, no duty, the only problem was an owners manual in Spanish.

Got here in 4 days. But came with the wrong part. They wanted me to ship it to Florida and then they would ship out the one it was supposed to come with. It was a Din to Yoke adapter. I didn't have time to wait for DHL to come pick it up. Not for a $30 part. I'm not gonna wait around my house all day. Took them 4 months to come to the conclusion they needed to offer me that option.

Haven't bought from them again.

Tavi - I'll trade you my French Vyper "Manual D' Utilisation" for a Spanish one! :D Otherwise I have to print the whole bloomin' thing auf Englisch from the Suunto website. DiveInn delivered to my office on the West Coast about 6 days after order, at very low prices. It appears that the Customs monkeys got into the package, since there were HOLD stickers on it. Strangely, the package didn't come in a cardboard box, just a wad of bubble wrap. I dunno if DiveInn ships that way or the box was destroyed in transit. One of the Otter Boxes that I ordered had the lanyard ring busted off, which is a cosmetic annoyance, but at $9 not really worth doing anything about. The other Otter Box had dirt around the snaps, which made me think it had been sitting around for a long time or perhaps wasn't brand new.

Ordered after midnight thursday night [friday morning] East Coast US time. Package was on my desk when I arrived at work on monday.

However: First day using the computer, it fried. Turned out to be flooded. Wrote to them saturday evening, and again on monday, a couple hours prior to the end of their work day. Received a response tuesday morning [their afternoon] and wrote back within a few minutes. Wrote again on thursday, again on sunday, and again on tuesday morning. Received a response tuesday morning before I left for work, that finally contained instructions on how to return the item. Shipped Tuesday, they received on thursday and they shipped a replacement that day. Replacement was on my desk when I arrived at work monday [yesterday] morning.

Service: When I actually got responses, they were quite pleasant, but it was a bit of a chore to get the ball rolling. They offered to let me buy another one and reimburse it when they received the one I returned, but I asked some questions about that idea and received no response. I didn't want to sink another $450 their way.

Unfortunately I won't get to try this computer out for a couple weeks, hopefully it won't have problems either.

Originally posted by Hal Iotis
Strangely, the package didn't come in a cardboard box, just a wad of bubble wrap.

Both packages from DiveInn I received were DHL bags with the item in it's manufacturer box and the box wrapped in bubblewrap.

I have seen a lot of people talking about Dive Inn in Spain...Leisure Pro a similar concept (mail order...non-authorized discount retailer) is based in US (downtown NYC).

Only bkz it seems maybe a bit more accessable, I was wondering what people thought of them in terms of quality and satisfaction? Why Dive Inn over LP?

I must admit I am always a bit paranoid about getting someone else's "unhappy" return.

Thanks-
Rick

DiveInn Is a little cheaper. On somethings their alot cheaper.

Dave

I bought a firststage and another firststage and reg from them. I thnk if something is over $200 in price you have to pay a duty. I ended up getting a bill form DHL for $13 about 2 months after my last order.

I did get my stuff in 4 days. The last thing I ordered was on back order, so when they got them in they called me and made sure I still wanted it and mailed it out that day. Very nice folks there. The manual was in spanish but that's ok cuz I could figure out what it said.

I would buy from them again, and the prices are great. Just make sure if you get something like a computer or guage that its is not in metric if that's not what you go by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom