Pelican Mini Flasher (or Blinker?) Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Rule #1: When all else fails, read the instructions.
Rule #2: When you can't find the instructions, call the company.

:huh: I ran an All Forums Serach on Mini Blinker or Flasher by Pelican and found nothing. It might be that noone else here ever used one of these, or - noone else ever had a battery problem, but - surely not?! Anyway...

I bought a couple of these as they are a pretty good flasher, but I've not seen anyone else wearing one on a night dive, so - if my buddy and I both wear these, we can identify each other even in a crowded night night. (I once lost a buddy in a crowd, but that's another story.)

Batteries run down, of course so I thought "No Problem, as I'll just run down to the discount store and buy some watch or hearing aid batteries this size." :oops: PROBLEM! Neither light made it through a one hour dive?! Next I tried batteries from a Hearing Aid store. No better.

Finally, I called Pelican: :amazed: The Mini needs a different battery entirely - available from Radio Shack, or for half the :$: from Pelican, and should last 100 hours! After a 12 hour test, the test batteries still show a strong charge on a tester.

Just in case this may help someone...??

Oh yes - Pelican is a great company with great products, but I now really wish I'd bought the Princeton Sea Star first. Now I got one of those, too. Boys, toys, etc. :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom