Pelican Dive Charters Virginia Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdowndude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone have news on the Pelican dive charters out of Virginia Beach or anyone running dive charters in the area? We have been running down to OBX and the RV Go-Between - looking for something closer to home....Thanx

Im interested in booking on with them hopefully in July.

We are also planning on a few trips on Pelican, need to get my wife's Advanced Nitrox/ Deco Procedure cert dives in & I need Matt from DQ (her instructor) to be on the boat.
I have been out with them a couple of times, so I can answer any ? you might have, but the main thing is space on the boat.
They have plastic bins that your gear must fit in, not really a problem & it does not include drysuits which go up front. If you have your gear set up before hand all you really need to bring is mask, fins & the such. I have always had plenty of room in my bin left over.
Also no coolers, they have a large cooler to hold all your drinks.

We are also planning on a few trips on Pelican, need to get my wife's Advanced Nitrox/ Deco Procedure cert dives in & I need Matt from DQ (her instructor) to be on the boat.
I have been out with them a couple of times, so I can answer any ? you might have, but the main thing is space on the boat.
They have plastic bins that your gear must fit in, not really a problem & it does not include drysuits which go up front. If you have your gear set up before hand all you really need to bring is mask, fins & the such. I have always had plenty of room in my bin left over.
Also no coolers, they have a large cooler to hold all your drinks.
Thank's for the update Rad Diver: How big is there boat and crewe? Number of divers?

26ft, normally just 1 crew plus Capt. Can take 6 divers.
Kind of tight suiting up, but normally do it in pairs so not too bad.
Capt. lets you dive your dive & doesn't put any pressure on profiles.

Had 2 great dives on the Morgan last Saturday. Pelican is a top notch dive Op. I would not hesitate to sign up to dive with them again.

We were down at DQ this morning getting our Nitrox cards sent in and I picked up a flyer with the Pelicans schedule. Looks very, very interesting. It is nice not having to drive half a day to get to and from a dive boat. I foresee alot of diving from VB in my future.:D

Here is CAPT Dave's website and informationon the Pelican II if you need it: Pelican Dive Charter

Thank you all for your valuable input, we are planning a trip with Capt. Dave and the Pelican II in August and we will let you know our thoughts when we return. Thank you again for your input and help finding a reliable boat and crew; Douglas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom