Pelican Cases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my travel gear fits in a roller backpack. BPW, regs, mask, even a 3 mil suit. Fins get strapped to the outside.
When I have sent something into checked like my drysuit when I went to California, It went into the ugliest, ratty looking duffle I could find. I don't want any bag that says anything like scuba or scuba brand on it.
First of all, you pay 50% more for the name for a bag of lesser quality than you can get generic.
Second, if a brand wants me to me a billboard for them, they can give me the damn bag.
Third, I take new bags I might check and splash paint on them, drag em around the yard/driveway and make them look like I'm a poor person who got lucky to afford a flight.
Less likely to get that extra check by a crooked handler or TSA agent. You can also put ratty underwear on the top so that's the first thing they have to handle if they open it.
No dive gear goes into checked. Expendable stuff like clothes go into checked if necessary. Old tshirts, shorts, one pair of pants and a single button down shirt. Stuff than can be replaced cheap at the destination if need be and left there.
When we went to Bonaire with a group two people's luggage that their gear was in got put on the wrong plane in Charlotte. They had to rent ill-fitting gear for the week. Not going to happen to me.

Second, if a brand wants me to me a billboard for them, they can give me the damn bag.
6542C2EB-0E6A-4BD8-8D29-DE34F3920742.jpeg

What color EDGE did they give you?
(ordja jus getda edge bag?)
(or tent?)
(or ____?)

View attachment 697684

What color EDGE did they give you?
(ordja jus getda edge bag?)
(or tent?)
(or ____?)
I don't use any bag with the logo and the banner was free to me as a dealer I have gotten a lot of perks and discounts and when I travel locally I do put the banner up as it brings me sales. The pop up is mine. But when I'm not at the site I don't do anymore than maybe have my hat or dealer shirt I was given on. I'm more likely to be wearing a plain t shirt with my kilt and a floppy hat to keep the sun off. This was from a promo/ demo weekend I was doing.

Reactions: Doc
I use an Underwater Kinetics 821 for my camera gear. Very similar to Pelican in regards to protection and quality, but a little less pricey. Also I carry it on, stuff in these type cases is bound to be expensive and I would worry about it being stolen if checked.

This was from a promo/ demo weekend I was doing.
Oh thank gods, I thought it said ”Dodge” and I just hoped you weren’t a Chrysler man.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom