Pelabuhan Ratu - worth going there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fresh lemon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Pelabuhan Ratu is relatively close to Bogor and Jakarta and as far as I know there is also a dive shop.

Is it worth going there? Any experience?

Cheers,
Fresh lemon

Pros
1. Good surfing when the swell is right.
2. Decent beach.
3. Good people.

Cons
1. It aint close to Jakarta. I know it looks close, and people tell you it is close, but it aint close. We have found it best to get up at 2 AM on Monday morning to make it in for work by 7 AM than deal with Sunday afternoon hell driving back.

I will bet there is some diving around, much like 1000 Islands or the Sundra Straits.

We traveled to Pelabuhan Ratu twice, long time ago, not for diving; don't know exactly how good the diving.
You can contact - Octopus Dive | About

Indeed, you might take more than 4 hours on long weekend one way.

Other than 1000 islands, sangyang and tempurung in sunda strait, near anyer or krakatau island, is another popular dive site for day trip from Jakarta.

Yeah,I've been there once (Ocean Queen) but not for diving. Great place! Jst wanted to check, whether I should bring my gear the next time.

Lemon

Pelabuhan Ratu is not a good diving destination, since there was no diving facilities (shops, rentals, etc) you've to prepare all of 'em by yourself

i've dove twice in Pelabuhan Ratu and i got zero viz on both :banghead:
you've to find a dive guide, a right one i suggest

Hello. I am Thea, from Octopus Dive.
@8081lee: I would like to tell you that we are the only Dive Operator in Pelabuhan Ratu since 1995. There are 3 Dive sites, located in the Southwest of Pelabuhan Ratu, and about 45 minutes to go there by Speedboat.
And check back, maybe you went to the wrong location. Or maybe with no one guide you, so all you have found just a bad experience with the 0 visibility.
And that's why you need us as dive operator to guide you to the right one.

@Fresh Lemon : if you want to know more about Pelabuhan Ratu or Octopus Dive, you can ask me (thea.octopus@yahoo.com) Thank you.

@Thea
I dove there with a buddy of mine since I haven't heard bout you guys.
he lives in Pelabuhan Ratu for years and yes maybe he is'nt a good dive guide

thx for your info anyway, i'll contact you when i go dive there

cheers,
8081lee

Back
Top Bottom