Pee Valve & What I learned Today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crawl79:
Curiosity does kill the cat. I'm a warm water diver and never paid much mind to PV topics but tonight I was bored and thought I'd read this post. Now Im curious how this works but not enough to ask. Maybe one day I will learn but I think I would rather learn from my own trial and error.
Well, I think you did just ask.

A pee valve is a small round device that is installed into the thigh of a dry suit (link) that allows the flow of urine to be moved from the diver out into the water. The diver wears an external catheter (link), and a tube (link) runs from the open end of the cath down to the valve (the smart diver will not have a bunch of pluming hardware between the two).

For an explicit picture, goto www.jefgexposed.com

xiSkiGuy:
Oh great: [enlargement]JeffG's Ego[/enlargement] :D

I predict Jeff has a new sig line real soon. . .
No, it just proves a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while :wink:

(Plus, I don't think my ego can grow any bigger)

ewwhhhh - there are so many wrong images that OP has just given me!

jeff being correct would rate just above the toilet paper discription!!!

almitywife:
ewwhhhh - there are so many wrong images that OP has just given me!

jeff being correct would rate just above the toilet paper discription!!!
My vote is for Jeff being correct as being the worst... but Rick must have made this thread, just to make Jeff look good..why else would someone humiliate themselves so (lost a bet, did we?)

Most of the guys I dive with use a PV. most of the time with limited success. I ordered my new dry suit with one but didnt use it right off because of my fear of failure. I read a recomendation for Rochester wideband caths so I ordered some. When they arrived here at work I decided to try one out to see what the difference was. Now I no longer fear failure. I now have a new fear, loosing skin trying to get the damn thing off. OMG!!! I guess that is still an easier issue to deal with than trying to get your under garment dry again after peeing all over yourself.

However, the link was Jeff being correct in 2005, not this year. So the world is still a safe place. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom