pee flap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barrmust

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey All,

this is a kind of odd question. i would like any opinions on putting a zippered flap in the front of my wet suit for post dive use. every time i get out of the water i have to go and some times it is a race to get the wet suit down in time. im in the north east so most of the diving is cooler water. i dont get cold but i sure do need to go right after a dive. my idea is to put a zippered flap in the front of my suit just like the one in the back. i know it sound kind of crazy but maybe you guys can give me some opinions.

thanks all
barrmust

A "relief zipper" is commonly offered by most custom suit makers. Some will take commercial suits for alterations. You may need to do something similar with your trunks depending on the cut.

Pete

No problem, though that's a bad place to have any cold water infiltration.
Reminds me of a story... I'll spare ya today though. :wink:
You can install your own w/o too much trouble. They go horizontally BTW.

barrmust:
Hey All,

this is a kind of odd question. i would like any opinions on putting a zippered flap in the front of my wet suit for post dive use. every time i get out of the water i have to go and some times it is a race to get the wet suit down in time. im in the north east so most of the diving is cooler water. i dont get cold but i sure do need to go right after a dive. my idea is to put a zippered flap in the front of my suit just like the one in the back. i know it sound kind of crazy but maybe you guys can give me some opinions.

thanks all
barrmust

You could but then again you can always pee in your suit during the dive. Sorry but it's true. :)

I have to agree with cali. Just pee in your wetsuit during the dive. Unless you have a really good semi dry suit the pee will flush out during the dive. Another option is to keep a container of warm water topside to flush the suit after the dive which also helps warm you up after a cold dive. After all they say there are two types of wetsuit divers, those who pee in their suit and those who lie about it :D

If you install one yourself use a locking zipper or stay away from the nurse sharks. :11: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom