Peacock Status 10/07/2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could feel some flow in OG tunnel last weekend, especially around bends. Olsen the previous weekend had enough flow that we came up about 600' short of where I thought we'd hit turn pressure when we originally were planning the dive (easy to see the visual flow on the surface of P1 that day).

If I'm there this weekend (that's the plan, but with Madison open we may move sites), I'll let ya know how it feels compared to last time I was there.

Yeah, I was at Peacock Sunday and Monday and it was definitely flowing. Visibility was ~30-40 and green in the P1 tunnels (Peanut, Olsen), but bluer in upper OG.

P1 today had noticeably less flow than I felt 2 weekends ago, but the flow is definitely still there. We went up to Cisteen today and I never felt like I was "fighting" the flow at all going in, but it was clearly evident that the flow was helping us leave. We turned right around 60 minutes and were back to the surface with deco clear 43 minutes later. I had a couple extra minutes fumbling to learn stage placement in a cave in sidemount for the first time going in as that was new to me, but that doesn't account for much of the faster exit time as I did take a minute to get it back on going back out as well.

Also, the last few weekends my shearwater has been reading 69F in the caves as opposed to the 71F I'm used to. Not a huge difference, but enough that between that and the dives getting longer for me I've changed to slightly thicker undergarments and started wearing a hood.

Also, the last few weekends my shearwater has been reading 69F in the caves as opposed to the 71F I'm used to. Not a huge difference, but enough that between that and the dives getting longer for me I've changed to slightly thicker undergarments and started wearing a hood.

Hmm I show 72 degrees in Peacock, and Ginnie.

I am hoping that thing calm down, I got my butt handed to me by Ginnie this week.

I get 69 in peacock consistently.

BTW - Madison is clear. Blue water, quite a bit of dust, but blue. Flowing too.

I get 69 in peacock consistently.

Must be my computers, the lowest I see is 70 and that is when I head toward Cisteen.

Must be my computers, the lowest I see is 70 and that is when I head toward Cisteen.
I see these lower temps too on my Perdix sometimes, especially in caves further north in FL. I wonder if water gets trapped in the sensor coming and going, in and out of the water during the winter months with cooler air temps. Also, I believe they're set to show the coldest temps during the dive, and that can certainly reflect some river water intrusion areas.
While I'm currently taking a mandatory diving hiatus due to a weakened heart muscle, I still use my 3mm suit for these dives, which these days is more like a skin due to wear and tear. Might be about time for me to order a new 3mm wetsuit...

Stupidity is international.
Sadly there was a penis drawn on the (limestone) wall of Devil's Ear recently. In OW-land at 20ft/6m, so who knows...

Sadly there was a penis drawn on the (limestone) wall of Devil's Ear recently. In OW-land at 20ft/6m, so who knows...

If we catch someone doing this, we are allowed to cut their hoses right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom