Peacock open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was trying to politely say they were being sissies or pussies without sounding like I was name calling.
An appeal to more machismo. At least you're consistent in your bias.

The problem is someone put a bunch of cave divers in charge and they
Actually, the State of Florida is in charge and specifically the rangers of our State Park System. Perhaps you should tell them that you're available for consultations on when it's appropriate for diving. I'm sure they would love to hear from you.

An appeal to more machismo. At least you're consistent in your bias.

Actually, the State of Florida is in charge and specifically the rangers of our State Park System. Perhaps you should tell them that you're available for consultations on when it's appropriate for diving. I'm sure they would love to hear from you.

First off, how is calling people pussies and sissies allowed?

Second, CAVE DIVERS ARE NOT IN CHARGE!!!!!!! Like NetDoc said, the park system is. They utilize cave diving VOLUNTEERS to give them feedback on the system and the Rangers make the decision based on that. Be thankful that OW divers are even allowed at Orange Grove. If us evil cave divers had our way the damn roto rotor OW divers would be banned!

NetDoc, this was not really a response to you, but I just wanted to quote your response.

I'm really not understanding the bigotry towards girls in your posts. Misogyny is never appropriate on an open forum and especially not this one. Women and girls make awesome divers and being female has no bearing on their skills nor their proclivity to being timid or arrogant.

I also don't understand why he has to go out of his way to declare his sexual orientation. He likes to throw the S and P word around and I'm sure he'd also be the first to complain if someone threw the F word around.

First off, how is calling people pussies and sissies allowed?
I'm all for allowing it. Do you want to censor everyone to the point that you don't know who's an ass and who isn't? That's what corporate America is like, your worst enemy has nothing bad to say about you. I'd like to get out of that during my time off, and let people present themselves for who they are and not what someone else forces them to be.

Had he been so censored that all he said was "I strongly disagree that cave training is as important as portrayed." or "I wish the visibility requirements weren't quite as high, and I believe that because people dive in the river with minimal incidents fairly often" I would have a different perception of this poster.

If us evil cave divers had our way the damn roto rotor OW divers would be banned!

that's EXACTLY the attitude I'm talking about.

"I'm a cave diver, I'm better than any other kind of diver" ** chest pound ** *grunt grunt**

I'm all for allowing it. Do you want to censor everyone to the point that you don't know who's an ass and who isn't? That's what corporate America is like, your worst enemy has nothing bad to say about you. I'd like to get out of that during my time off, and let people present themselves for who they are and not what someone else forces them to be.

Had he been so censored that all he said was "I strongly disagree that cave training is as important as portrayed." or "I wish the visibility requirements weren't quite as high, and I believe that because people dive in the river with minimal incidents fairly often" I would have a different perception of this poster.

I agree with you! I feel it should be allowed. However, I have had my balls smacked before for being too aggressive.

---------- Post added April 12th, 2013 at 04:16 PM ----------

that's EXACTLY the attitude I'm talking about.

"I'm a cave diver, I'm better than any other kind of diver" ** chest pound ** *grunt grunt**

LOL. Got ya.

I bet Ben McDaniels said the same thing!

I bet Ben McDaniels said the same thing!

The two men who perished at Waynes' World did too. On multiple forums, muliple times and they left wives & children behind.

Swampy - I occasionally get the job of removing dead bodies from these caves & I hope its never my task again, but with the attitudes I continue to see I doubt I am in retirement from that job.

When can you and I sit and talk? I'll meet you anywhere...

I've gone back and read the replies and what you all are saying makes absolutely no sense... I'm going to say it one more time really slow...

If you think an OPEN WATER dive in ORANGE GRove Sink *** REQUIRES *** 20 to 30 feet of visibility through the ENTIRE SYSTEM AT PEACOCK and anything less is too dangerous because you MIGHT accidentally swim into a cave ... you are being a timid little girl and need to grow a set.

do you really think 10 or 20 feet of visibility in orange grove sink is too silty for an OPEN WATER dive because the visibility in some cave thousands of feet into the system is 12 feet?????? really?????

As someone who once accidentally swam into an overhead in low vis, and only luckily found my way out before running out of air ... yeah ... really.

... and I know some little girls who dive in places that would make you wet your pants ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The two men who perished at Waynes' World did too. On multiple forums, muliple times and they left wives & children behind.

Swampy - I occasionally get the job of removing dead bodies from these caves & I hope its never my task again, but with the attitudes I continue to see I doubt I am in retirement from that job.

When can you and I sit and talk? I'll meet you anywhere...

Jim this has been offered several times over the last 6 months. Before he got really obnoxious I even offered to teach him Cavern for free. Enlightenment hit me and I realized that no good deed goes unpunished. I feared he would become my first and only graduate to ever die in a cave and I just can't risk that.

Good luck trying guys. I applaud your efforts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom