Peacock - Breakdown Rm to Pothole jump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any info on this tunnel?
Is it backmount or sidemount?

How about the unmarked jump to Water Hole (right past the 700ft marker). I did the marked jump (the one after the 900ft marker) to Water Hole this past week (beautiful passage, beautiful) and came upon the jump back to the main line. Wanting to do this tunnel when I come down there next month and wanted to gather some info.

Any insight appreciated.

Jason B:
Any info on this tunnel?
Is it backmount or sidemount?

How about the unmarked jump to Water Hole (right past the 700ft marker). I did the marked jump (the one after the 900ft marker) to Water Hole this past week (beautiful passage, beautiful) and came upon the jump back to the main line. Wanting to do this tunnel when I come down there next month and wanted to gather some info.

Any insight appreciated.

The tunnel from Pothole to Breakdown is definitely a sidemount tunnel,especially the last little bit. Very silty,and if you are number 2 diver you may not see much. The other tunnel you describe into Waterhole is smaller than the main tunnel into waterhole,and silty. Requires very good bouyancy,trim,and kick technique. Try darkwater tunnel-go through it,and come back. If you didn't disturb any silt then you are ready for that tunnel.

Thanks Kelly. Love that Water Hole tunnel - very nice dive (it's pretty low and silty itself but we left her clean!). Will take your advice for sure.
Thanks again.

One more for ya.
We were pulling our jump from the crossover tunnel (on the peanut side) and noticed another jump there also. From looking at the map it appears to bypass the mainline for 50ft or so. How is this passage?

Jason B:
One more for ya.
We were pulling our jump from the crossover tunnel (on the peanut side) and noticed another jump there also. From looking at the map it appears to bypass the mainline for 50ft or so. How is this passage?

That is a pretty neat tunnel,in fact I like that tunnel so much with the adopt-a-cave fund raiser I bought half that tunnel,and my buddy bought the other half. It is about 150' long,small to start with,but opens up. When you are swimming from P1 to Olsen you'll go through that swim through,if you tie into the line before the swim through,and keep going straight instead of through the swim through you'll find line. Half way through the tunnel it changes elevation and shape,and then goes up a low silty slope until you pop out near the main line. There is a resident eel in that tunnel that doesn't come out much,but keep your eye open. Have fun.

karstdvr:
When you are swimming from P1 to Olsen you'll go through that swim through,if you tie into the line before the swim through,and keep going straight instead of through the swim through you'll find line.

I wonder if we are talking about the same passage. The tunnel I'm talking about is on the Peanut line. I think I see the one you are are talking about.

The one I'm talking about is at about 1050ft in on the Peanut line. If you are tying into the double arrows to do the Crossover Tunnel jump you are 2 ft away from this jump. Heading in on the Peanut line the crossover tunnel will be on your right and this jump will be on your left.

Looking at the map, I think I see the jump you are talking about (on the P1 line near Olsen). Does that bypass the window and keyhole?

Sorry for all the questions. I do appreciate the answers though! :wink:

If anyone knows, I know you do, I have several of the Cavex2production DVD's that follow you through a few systems. Again, thanks.

Duh...now I am on the same map as you are. Yes,that is a small tunnel,but not very low or overly silty,and you are right about 50' long. When you are heading that way sometime,just try that little jump.

Yes,it can by pass the window if you do it the way I mentioned,or the line can be found just past the window;and it does by pass the key hole.

Have you done the Nicholson bypass tunnel? Look at your map you'll see a tunnel off to the left before you get to the Nicholson jump,and this tunnel puts you back on the mainline just past the Nicholson tunnel-it is very big. This tunnel is 150' +/- with no line in it. Some instructors use it to swim off in,and see if their students follow and run a reel,since the exit is not very obvious once you are in there. I've used this as a shortcut when I've been stuck by a very slow moving team.

Will you be at the CDS workshop. I got some other places I can show you on a map that I wouldn't list on an open forum

Jason B:
Sorry for all the questions. I do appreciate the answers though! :wink:

Not a problem. Peacock actually has some pretty cool secrets and mysterys.

karstdvr:
Will you be at the CDS workshop. I got some other places I can show you on a map that I wouldn't list on an open forum

Unfortunately I just got home from a week in cave country and my band is booked this weekend so I can't make it this time 'round. I'll sure take a rain check on that offer though.

I see this passage passing the keyhole/keyhole & window on my large map now. Nice.
I'd like to do the Nicholson bypass. I know the tunnel you are talking about. Is it okay to run a line through there (as far as conservation goes)?
I'm hoping to check out a few of these new passages next month when I head down.

I really appreciate all the insight.

Jason,
Some of those sound like cool places to check out. We will want to run a line throught the Nicholson Bypass for sure. (if that is cool for conservation )

Kelly,
That drysuit I got from you is working out great. and like Jason said, I think we have all of the CaveX2 DVDs that you are shown in. If you are going to be arround in July, It would be great to meet you and get some more insite on passages that we should check out.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom