PDC op with scuba and snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

resnick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading down to Playa Del Carmen for Christmas week with the extended family. I would like to get some diving in and I'm probably going to be too lazy to go over to Cozumel this time. (I've been a few times already.) A few of the non-diver family members would also like to do some snorkeling. Any decent dive ops that will take snorkelers along on the boat? I'm generally in favor of small boats with small numbers of divers (I'm a DM who has been diving for over 20 years, so I don't need my hand held), but I'm not sure if that sort of op would handle snorkelers. Recommendations?

I highly recommend Nicolas from CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Inicio I have been diving with Nico & his brother Martin for over 7 years. They are great guys and excellent dive guides. They have a small family shop in Playa. Tell Nico that Steve from Canada sent you.

Really? I took a look at the webpage. The only snorkeling it shows is for cenote diving, which I’m not terribly interested in, and nothing for ocean dives. You think it’s worth calling these folks?

Other suggestions?

Are you going to be specifically in PDC, or just using that as a point of reference?

Only dived there once, used a shop named Abyss Divers.

I have known Nico for over 7 years and he will customize a snorkel package to anyplace you want

I have known Nico for over 7 years and he will customize a snorkel package to anyplace you want

Cool. I’ll drop him an email and see what he can do.

Still happy to hear suggestions from other folks just in case this doesn’t work out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom