PDC/Cozumel Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cenotes will likely be a 5 mil with hood.
Protec Playa and Tulum are first class shops. Home of XDeep gear.

i have 3 guides i can gladly provide. i've used them for the last few years each trip down. they have done my AOW, Deep, Cavern, and intro to cave courses with them also.

Maravilla is a MUST dive if you want to do Cenotes it is way better than El Pit IMHO. if you have good enough bouyancy and they say you are ok ask to go to Dreamgate. Im sidemount and we managed a 2hr 1 min cavern dive in dreamgate diving the rule of 6th's. Dreamgate is around 26' deep at the cavern line deepest.

Dos Ojos is the newbie intro cenote place everyone goes to. Carwash/Angelita is another great 2 tank same day cenote. Tajmaha and Eden are also 2 great cenote dives worth doing.

If you are good on bouyancy and want a more private day with you and your guide alone in the caverns ask to do Taak Belum and Taak Biha. Some guides wont take you there since they are more advanced dives and they pretty much are cave dives since you have alot of time that isn't around the cavern daylight zone, but there is a dedicated "cavern" line there.

Zapote (hells bells) is rather boring except the about 10mins you get to see the bells at around 100' deep. the rest of the 30ish min dive is spent surfacing slowly in a very narrow tunnel about 20-30' wide as you surface from the opening.

Cozumel can be done by speedboat from PDC about a 30min trip across or take the ferry with the mass of people (not sure how long that takes though). Santa Rosa wall dive was pretty cool in cozumel. i forget the other reef we did that day. There is plenty of things to see there though. The reef dives around Playa are hit or miss you'll see some cool moray eels and some fish but not alot of coral that looks healthy and bright like cozumel has. there is a sunken crab boat called Mama Vina about 90' deep

PDC is where i always go on vacation and would gladly recommend restaurants and places to drink if you want shoot me a message.

Peio - No Limit Mexico on Facebook (he just did my cavern/intro to cave course last month FANTASTIC instructor and hell of a cave explorer. If he isn't teaching course he is exploring new caves and laying new line.
Voyteck with Mexicoscubatime.com ( Voyteck is our go to guide for cavern diving and reef diving although if you want an ocean dive he isn't going to go he hates the oceans he has 2 other guides he sends you with for oceans Mario and Soren both are also my favorite guides. I go down and always have dinner and drinks with them even if i dont dive that trip with them)

I normally dive a 3mm with 3mm boots only in caverns and never got cold. I'm also a Texas Guy so i HATE cold weather! i did recently this last trip buy a Bare Velocity 5mm and holy smokes it gets hot in the caves wearing that. All my guides and instructors wear 7mm and hoods and i laugh when they say they are cold. I guess doing it everyday it could catch up to you but a week of diving in the caverns and caves a 3mm was perfect for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom