PCB diving week of June 25; Recent reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jethroish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Wife and I are headed to the Panhandle this week. We have diving lined up for 6/25, 6/27, and 6/28. All with PC Dive Center.
If anyone was out from PCB this weekend and could give a condition report, that would be great.
Of course, you could say it was cruddy and cold, but we are still going. :D

We were in Destin this weekend. Dove the jetties yesterday (saturday). Water temps were 82-83f even at a depth of 55 ft. Temps in PCB should be similar since it was only an hour drive away. Vis really sucked in Destin though. The algae bloom or june grass was so bad that in some spots it was down to under 5'.

Last weekend some folks I know hit the Empire Mica with great vis fromt the pics I saw. So maybe you'll get lucky offshore.

Hope you have better luck with PC Dive Center than we did in May. They were very unorganised on the boat. We still had good dives, but I wasn't impressed by them at all. They took over Hydrospaces boats and don't seem to know what they are doing yet.

Also, they didn't want to go anywhere but the same sites over and over. (The Black Bart and Hathway Bridge span #14). For some of our divers, they dives the same sites three trips in a row on that weekends.

Hopefully they'll get better, or they won't last....

mike_s:
Hope you have better luck with PC Dive Center than we did in May. They were very unorganised on the boat. We still had good dives, but I wasn't impressed by them at all. They took over Hydrospaces boats and don't seem to know what they are doing yet.

Also, they didn't want to go anywhere but the same sites over and over. (The Black Bart and Hathway Bridge span #14). For some of our divers, they dives the same sites three trips in a row on that weekends.

Hopefully they'll get better, or they won't last....

We used PC Dive Center last fall and had no problems.
I already told them we don't want the same site over and over. We have no problem with going to some one else if we need to.
Anyhow, thanks for the info.

I deckhanded yesterday for a class. We hit 2 inshore bridge spans, 12 and 1. Viz was good above the spans, from the top of the spans down it was a crappy 30 feet. Diveable but it was better before Alberto, that shook things up some. Water was nice, I wore an old 3/2 full suit & was comfy.

If there aren't any storms & the seas don't run too rough this week the viz should continue to improve.

Do you you which boat you're booked on through PCDC?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom