PCa LED Flood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I intend to send it in. Maybe it is me, but I would think if it had flooded my rechargeable batteries would be useless,
in fact i would think they would have some sort of corrosion. I will try and get them in the mail within the next week.
Thank You..

Please don't get me wrong, I love Ikelite's camera housings and strobes. I just seemed to be jinxed with regard to their lights.

I have to tell you that I like the size of the light a lot.

In June, I had one flood in my BC. I figured it must be me.

I decided to give the light another try. I bought another one and just went to Curacao for ten days.

I locked the light and put it in my BC.

I took it out a few times early on and made sure it was locked.

Well, at the end of the trip, I was cleaning my BC and took out the light.

Same thing. It was in pieces. Flooded again.

There must be something in how it sits in the pocket of my BC.

Unfortunately, I will not make the mistake for a third time.

I wish I could make it work, I really like the light.

Last edited:
BrettF
I finally got around to shipping my light to you today.
in the meantime, can you tell me what has changed
in the PCa Led lights? I can get a good deal on the
older style. But if something is different in the new
version I will go that route. Thanks

jester1226,

The outer texturing on the lite body along with a font style change will be the most obvious difference between the old and new style PCa LED lites. Internally we switched to a newer style LED. They both have the same burn time, but the new LED is slightly brighter. That said, I do not believe you will be disappointed by purchasing a discounted older model.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Brett
Agreed, love the light. You should have my unit that that I sent in for repair last week. I am a bit
slow at times!! Did not realize it took me almost 2 months to get it in the mail! My LDS is expecting
an order of lights in any day. Need one for my video housing, wife may get one, ( if she deserves it).
Thank you for your help, sent light in to your attention.

Brett,
My light has been there 11 days, any luck on the issue yet? Not rushing, just curious!

Sent email 11:11 am on the 7th, still no reply....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom