PC Cloud Desktop not showing all dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Android Tablet and Phone both showed all dives. PC Cloud Desktop missing 20 sequential dives. Tried syncing over and over, no change. All versions up-to-date. Installed PC Cloud Desktop on PC laptop, all dives showed when synced. Went back and uninstalled Cloud Desktop from my PC desktop, started fresh, reinstalled, synced. Same damn 20 dives missing. What is going on? How do I fix this?

I'm having the same issue with downloaded dives from cloud to desktop!

Downloaded from Teric to iPad with no issue. Showed all dives in the list. Synced to the cloud. Then started desktop version on windows 7 machine (which is why I download onto an Apple device 1st). Software wanted to download new version of Desktop Cloud. Did so and then synced from Cloud. Now it's missing 3 out of 26 new dives. The missing dives aren't sequential. The odd thing is the dive count shows the same as the iPad but are are missing on the desktop listed dives.

I'm thinking they have serious problems with their Cloud app, and worse with the windows version.
I emailed directly as they suggested above, they responded and said:
"It looks like the only dives on the cloud for your account are deleted.
It may be helpful if I reset your cloud data so that you can start fresh. Would you like me to do that?
This won't delete any information from your devices."
I said yes, please reset the could data.
This was two days ago. I've heard nothing, although I asked if they'd done it, and yesterday and today when I tried again the same error resulted.

Status Report: So, Shearwater reset my cloud database, and I synced from my android table and it is there now, with all my dives, but my cloud desktop does not see them. Every day I get a message or two from Shearwater with another suggestion of what to try. Most suggestions involve deleting the data base on my desktop, uninstalling and reinstalling the cloud program, and syncing again. Nothing works.

Final (I hope) Status Report: Shearwater sent me this morning a work-in-progress fix...a special installer for the Desktop Cloud app for my PC. There is an extra button in the Profile panel that says, "Resync from scratch."
It worked. I now have desktop cloud on my PC with all dives included. Mirrored on my PC laptop, my android tablet, and my android phone. Happy Happy.
Thanks, Shearwater.

How do I get this new "special installer"? I'd like to resolve my issue with the desktop software as well. I've sent 2 emails now concerning this issue and no reply to either!

Hi Brad,

I'm sorry to hear that you could not get through to us.

Please send me a DM with your email address and I will help you sort out the issue.

In reference to the "special installer", I'm not going to post a link to it in Scubaboard because it has not gone through our Q/A process yet and may have some bad bugs. However, if it turns out to be the solution for your issue I will send you the installer.

Regards,
Mark

Over a month later and still having problems with the PC Cloud version dropping dives during a sync. Even with the latest software release. They've verified that the dives are on the cloud database, but for some reason the PC Cloud software drops dives when syncing... still! So frustrating!!

Back
Top Bottom