PayPal dispute?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought a transpac off FB marketplace that had to be shipped to me. The transpac in the ad showed that it had the scubapro air 2, but when I got the transpac it has a standard inflator. If it were you, would you file a dispute with paypal or write it off as a mistake on your part for not making sure it came with the air 2? The ad didn't say it came with the air 2, but also did not state it did not come with the air 2. I included a picture of the fb ad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210512-160424.jpg
    Screenshot_20210512-160424.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 108
you try asking the seller about it already?

if you were planning to use the air2 or try to flip it to offset the cost of the transpac, you can see if the seller will work something out with you

if you were planning to use the air2 or try to flip it to offset the cost of the transpac, you can see if the seller will work something out with you
I have talked to him, but they don't seem willing to do anything about it.

The sellers response was "I was only selling the bc as listed."

sort of shady from the seller to not at least write in the description they planned to keep the air2, but i would not have put much value on the air2 anyways, so a standard inflator would be fine imo.

I'd file, unless you are satisfied with the value you received. The ad was misleading, and by the seller's reaction, intentionally so.

Meh, you didn't clarify exactly what you were buying, and they didn't clarify what they were selling.

Being specific is important.

If you're not happy, tell them you want to return it and get your money back.

Otherwise live and learn.

Nothing to lose so file it first.

Never ever assumed anything from a stranger. Get it black and white just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom