Patching holes in Turbosoles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
My Turbosoles are about a year old, and I now have a slow, seepy leak in the front of my left foot. I'm pretty sure I can find it okay, but what do you repair them with?

I had the same thing happen with mine. My fins wore through the outer fabric then wore hole on the top.
I turned the suit inside out and filled with water to locate the leak. Then dried, after applied aquaseal over the leak. Was next to the seam in the suit. I then turned the suit right side out applying aquaseal again. Has worked fine to date.

Al

My Turbo Soles have progressively worn down. As they do I have kept building them up with Aquaseal. Remember to use Cotol on the base layers to help it penetrate the neoprene.

I no longer have that problem though, and now have Chuck Taylor issues of wearing down.

Okay; thanks. I wasn't sure if Aquaseal would stick to the Turbosole fabric.

Okay; thanks. I wasn't sure if Aquaseal would stick to the Turbosole fabric.

When I patched mine, the fabric was worn about the size of a dime. I trimmed the loose threads then applied the aquaseal to the boot under the fabric. But used enough that it incorporated the edges of the fabric.

Al

My Turbo Soles have progressively worn down. As they do I have kept building them up with Aquaseal. Remember to use Cotol on the base layers to help it penetrate the neoprene.

I no longer have that problem though, and now have Chuck Taylor issues of wearing down.

Good call! Cotol, Cotol, Cotol. Especially on the exterior.

The end result might not be pretty but my feet are now the driest part after being the wettest for the better part of 5 years.

-matt

Lynn -

Go up to Settle fabrics and buy some 1mm neoprene. Cut panels and adhere with shoe-goo. Worked for me and there's no way it's going anywhere...

Camerone, thanks for the tip. That might not only solve the leak, but make recurrences less likely.

I had heard that Turbosoles had these problems, but I didn't really expect them so soon.

Mine lasted a little less than a year before they started weeping. DUI generously repaired them for me while the suit was in for other repairs...and they added panels at the factory.

I honestly miss the old school Wellington style boots. Neither the sock option, which is horrible, nor the turbosoles really do it for me. When these wear out, I'll install a set of Divin Concepts boots instead.

Well, the Turbosoles were way better than the socks that came on the Fusion, but I had heard before I installed them that they are given to weeping, which is precisely what these are doing. However, the temporary Aquaseal fix I did last night resulted in an almost completely dry foot today, and I saw the bubbles, so I know where to reinforce it. When these need to be replaced, I don't know what I'll replace them with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom