Passport Info/Name Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
Soooo...Im in the process of changing my name to my married name (better late than never)...I have a trip planned to Roatan in Dec, all the ticketing info is in my maiden name. Should I just wait until after I get back to change my passport? Or can I travel with a new passport and my marriage certificate?

Dont really want to get a new passport and lose all those pretty stamps :(

I would wait. The passport process can take a few weeks and has been known to take much longer. Why risk it not being processed in time.

Moreover, think of the headache you will get from trying to tell each TSA person you deal with that you have a second document they have to look at.

Soooo...Im in the process of changing my name to my married name (better late than never)...I have a trip planned to Roatan in Dec, all the ticketing info is in my maiden name. Should I just wait until after I get back to change my passport? Or can I travel with a new passport and my marriage certificate?

Dont really want to get a new passport and lose all those pretty stamps :(

Don't take the chance. Keep everything in your maiden name and just pass through customs/TSA without creating more problems than needed. You won't believe the stories I've heard about the TSA and names that don't match the passport and tickets. Keep it simple!!!!!

I would wait, especially as they seem to be getting on more of a thing with names matching.

You won't lose your stamps though - when you get a new passport they return the old one.

Ditto...Becky...as long as the names match you should be fine....and yes it is true they will send your old passport back...I have all of mine...no excuses now...you have to go on vacation :wink:

I have a similar issue, so I agree with everyone else, wait to change. I'm actually going to wait until its time to renew (2012)
It maybe helpful to take a copy of your marriage certificate....

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom