Parts kits for Aqualung 1st and 2nd stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nldiver1984

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an opportunity to buy an old set of Aqualung Titan regs. Problem is, they haven't been serviced in 8 years and one local shop in particular told the seller that they can't be serviced anymore. Due to lack of parts maybe? I found some parts kits online for the 1st and 2nd stages, but do I have to buy these every time the thing needs to be serviced? Might be more expensive than what it's worth in the long run. Thanks.

Total BS, find a real shop or better yet do it yourself. The kits you are looking for are 900001 for the first stage and 900010 for the second (assuming you have the standard Titan second). Those kits are very common. My guess is the shop no longer is an AL dealer and in that case, they can't get the parts. Even if the kits were not available, the main internal parts are still used in all the other current AL regs and the orings are common ones.

The real ashame is that so many dive shops seem to spew such garbage with no remorse at all. How can any diver ever trust a dive shop?

Tell us where to get them and we'll make sure they are taken care of... Trash... Trash.... trash.... :wink: Funny how my 30+ conshelf XIV still work like a charm...
And one has NEVER been serviced....

Jim....

Turns out the first stage is actually a Dacor. Doesn't have any model number stamped on it but I'm going to do some research about it. It looks practically brand new but hasn't been used in a while.

Dacors are a little trickier but can be serviced. Kits are hard to come by but the indivigual parts -orings and seats can be had. Post a photo and odds are we can identify it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom