Parts for Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kradatzke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am interested in the Flathead 7 regulator and octo. Several of the shops have been able to explain the parts for life but they seemed to be unclear on the Zeagle line.
Could you let me know what is required of the owner to participate in the parts for life , is a service required yearly or every second?
Also if I buy online can I register the reg and take advantage of the program?

The full details on the product warranty can be found here but I'll summarize the key points for you below.

1. Your regulator is guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty does not cover normal wear, or damage from accident, abuse, neglect, alterations, improper usage, or failure to follow reasonable care and maintenance as outlined in the owner's manual....To validate your warranty, you must fill out and return your warranty registration card (or register online) to Zeagle within 30 days of purchase.

That's the part where we will repair or replace parts that we determine have failed due to a problem with the materials, it doesn't cover you using the 1st stage as a hammer to crack open walnuts.

2. For proof of original ownership, you must save the original purchase receipt. It is your record of when and where the regulator was purchased. It also lets you know when your annual service should be performed.

3. To keep the original-owner limited lifetime warranty in effect, you must have your regulator inspected and serviced annually, within 30 days before or after the anniversary of the purchase date. Failure to do so will invalidate your warranty. This servicing must be performed by an authorized Zeagle dealer. Save the receipts from this servicing for your records.

4. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser, and then only to certified divers.

That's the part that says the warranty only applies to the original owner (not transferable to your kids, etc) and it requires that you have the regulator serviced annually at an Authorized Zeagle Dealer. If you need to make a warranty type claim SAVE YOUR ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECEIPT and be ready to show that to the dive shop and/or Zeagle if it's asked for. I suggest stapling a copy of the receipt in the back of your owners manual if you don't already have a folder of high value purchases for that sort of thing.

If you purchased it from an Authorized Zeagle Dealer's online site you are ok, everything above still applies. You'll just need to figure out how/where you'll be getting it serviced annually to maintain the warranty. Again, you can send the regulator to the factory in Zephyrhills, FL if you like.

9. A regulator brought in to be serviced in any country is subject to the warranty rights established by the Zeagle Distributor for that country. That is to say, a regulator purchased in ANY country (including the USA) that is brought in for service in a different country, is subject to the terms of the warranty as it is specified in the country that it is being serviced in, not the country it was purchased in. If you purchased your regulator in the USA and want it serviced under the warranty terms for regulator purchased in the USA, you must have it serviced in the USA.

10. There is a program separate from the warranty in the USA where Service Kit parts are exchanged between the Authorized Zeagle Dealer and Zeagle at no charge. The Authorized Zeagle Dealer can then at their discretion pass these on to the original retail owner at no charge. This program is NOT part of the warranty as these part from the Service Kit have not failed, they are just recommended for replacement during the annual service interval. By choice, not all Zeagle Distributors in the world participate in this program. No matter where it was purchased, if a regulator is brought into an Authorized Zeagle Dealer in a part of the world that does not participate in this Service Kit exchange program, then the retail customer is not entitled to a free Service Kit. Outside of the USA, contact your region's Zeagle Distributor for information on whether or not they participate in this program. You can find sources for this information in your part of the world by going to the Zeagle Dealer Locator .

Here's the part about the free exchange of service kits. If you bring your Zeagle regulator to an authorized dealer, or send it to the factory for service, and it is still under warranty you will not be charged for the service kit (the cost of labor is determined by the dive shop). The authorized dealer will use a service kit and then send it back to Zeagle along with other service kits to be exchanged at no cost.

We do need the kit back to do this exchange. I only mention this because I've heard that some States in the USA are starting to require that the contents of the service work be given to the customer, presumably to prove that something was actually done. I'm assuming this applies in other service related fields as well, I'm not really up to date on state laws all over the USA. You'll need to talk to your dive shop if this is the case. But I digress.

I threw in the part about being outside the USA because I saw your profile mentioned you were in Vancouver, I'm assuming that's the British Columbia Vancouver and not the Washington state Vancouver. Last I knew Canada was participating in the program through Huish Outdoors, but I would have your dive shop check with their rep to be 100% certain.

I hope that answers your questions, if you need anything else just let me know. :coffee:

That's the part where we will repair or replace parts that we determine have failed due to a problem with the materials, it doesn't cover you using the 1st stage as a hammer to crack open walnuts.

I hope that answers your questions, if you need anything else just let me know. :coffee:

I can see not using a modern 2nd stage to crack nuts. But I would expect a 1st stage to do a fairly good job with no problem as long as they are just English walnuts. Heck, I dive a Honker that could be used to crack coconuts during the SI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom