Partial Pressure of 2.0 ?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'd be better off going to the manufacturer's websites and downloading the manuals. For the X1, there are multiple software options which determine the function fo the hardware, I like MultiDeco.

I am looking at the Liquivision XEO and the Shearwater Petrel Standalone and just wondered if anyone has any preferences for any reason? Build quality or reliability, battery length, readability, ease of use...etc. Just wondering about the "tap" nature of the liquivision, but like that you can set an alarm for the 3 metre ascent rate.
Also I need to be able to get graphs and printouts of dive profiles that show everything related to O2 exposure and N2 saturation.

FWIW The Shearwater Desktop app does not show O2 exposure or N2 saturation. You do get an end of dive CNS percentage.

I actually know what I'm doing, I just need a computer that will monitor it without shutting down on me.

No really, it's obvious don't.

Most of you will say that's a partial pressure of 1.9, which is way over 1.6 (the recreational max...I know!!), but I have heard that CMAS and some Navy tables allow a partial pressure of 2.2. ALSO, if you have ever been in a chamber ( I have as a tech!), you'll know that they take people down to 18 metres and give them 100% oxygen, that's 2.8 partial right?!
If the patient has a seizure in a chamber, they don't drown.

The point here is that this set-point, while somewhat arbitrary, is used by divers as a best practice because when it comes to oxygen toxicity, prevention is better than cure.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom