Part 2 of the Official Conch Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just was wondering if anyone was still planning on diving on Saturday the 27th.... I know there is a tropical storm heading our way for Friday, but I still need to know. I will be checking the weather to see the seas.....Anyways, let me know what everyone want to do..... I may or may not cancel myself. I may have to work a shelter if it comes to that....., but let's not jump to conclusions just yet... :D

murphdivers286:
I just was wondering if anyone was still planning on diving on Saturday the 27th.... I know there is a tropical storm heading our way for Friday, but I still need to know. I will be checking the weather to see the seas.....Anyways, let me know what everyone want to do..... I may or may not cancel myself. I may have to work a shelter if it comes to that....., but let's not jump to conclusions just yet... :D

Too far to drive to get blown out <AGAIN>!

I am cancelling with Capt Paul tonight.

Jeff

41009 says.. 08/25/2005 @ 0950 hrs Wave Height 8.5 feet, APD 5.5 seconds, wind gust ENE 23.3 mph. That is pretty crappy, granted that Bouy is pretty far out but it gives you an idea of what is going on.
Yesterday it was at 3.3' and this morning it is at 8.5 feet.

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Doable maybe. That is winter time diving conditions on a bad weekend for sure. You all should just post pone to next weekend on September 3rd! I do not have a hidden agenda for that though..

SWEAR!

Eric

Sure Eric.... I heard according to NOAA Saturday morning was going to be 3 to 5' going down to 2 to 4' by the afternoon.....

If we want to switch it to the week of Aug. 3rd or4th, I would ask if we could do it on the 4th. I have to work on the 3rd. Anyone with any comments....?

murphdivers286:
If we want to switch it to the week of Aug. 3rd or4th, I would ask if we could do it on the 4th. I have to work on the 3rd. Anyone with any comments....?

You want to wait a year to do this dive?

Yeah Sept.. that's what I said.

The previous posting was from NOAA...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom