Parkway wet suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the poop!!

I used to do a lot of diving in San diego area some years ago. If I recall the water temps there were usually 55-65 year round. I was using full 1/4" stuff, which is just about 7MM. Think I'll go with the 7mm. I've got a 3mm full and a 2mm shorty I can pull over (or under) to get by with the rest of the situations. Conditions here in the gulf and the frequency that I'll be diving precludes dry suit consideration at this point.

Yea, I think the 7mm Farmer John will be the way to go. Thanks again. Now I'll go shopping.

klaporte:
I have a parkway 7mm PYROSTRETCH TITANIUM SHARK SKIN-IN Hood Attached Semi-Dry Suit, in rhode island. It is the warmest wet suit I have ever been in. I dove last weekend in 58 degree water and found myself intentionally letting fresh water into my suit just to be a little cooler.

I have found it to be very durable, however somewhat difficult to get my legs into. I have large swimmers calves, which make for a tight fit. I would highly recommend this suit to anyone who cares about quality and warmth.

As I recall I paid just under 200. PM me if you have any questions.

-Ken
:bounce: I would love to find a parkway semi-dry for that price where did you find it?.

I have a 7mm TITANIUM SHARK SKIN-IN with Hood Attached that I've used three times. Bought it last year. $300 is very expensive. Hard to get cold in this one. My buddy has the same suit. Loves it. We dove in 50 degree water last May and were toasty warm. I dive dry now. Will sell you mine for $150. Used sparingly for one season.

oceanrealm:
Hello divers!
Does anybody know anything about Parkway wetsuits?
One of my LDS sells only this brand - 7 mm jumpsuit with hood for ~$ 300.

Thanks for comments!

Peter.

I have been using parkway gloves and booties for a few years and they hold up ok but when I was ready for a wetsuit I bought an O'neil Avalon 7mm with the integrated hood for $250 at a place here in the bay area. I think if you are diving Monterey the integrated hood is the only way to go. In fact since I bought it, they have a new one-piece suit that has an extra vest built in, like a one piece farmer john...sort of....lol.
For some reason when I see the parkway name I think of K-mart...just isnt my favorite brand name

I know this is a tad late to add to this thread, hoewver...

While searching for info on a Parkway wetsuit I'm bidding on on Ebay, I found the following on SCUBA.COM

Parkway ceased operations in 2003. Although most Parkway equipment can still be serviced/repaired through their former service network.
For service please visit your local Parkway authorized retailer/service center. They are in the best position to service your needs.
Since we were not a retailer/service center we will be unable to service Parkway equipment.
If you have any questions you can contact us at 949-221-9300 or email us at repair@scuba.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom