Parking at Folly Cove -- Cape Ann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea if you can park legally at the little lot at Folly Cove in the evening, say after 6PM?

I've parked there after dark before and the police have not bothered us........but I am planning on meeting someone there at 6PM and am wondering if we can risk leaving our cars in the lot vs. parking up the street.

Thanks.

Originally posted by large_diver
Does anyone have any idea if you can park legally at the little lot at Folly Cove in the evening, say after 6PM?

nope.

However, I've not yet :banging: gotten a ticket the couple times I've been too lazy to park down the road.

[that's the best "knock on wood" smiley I could find...

who said that he just tickets ($15), since the sign doesn't say "violators will be towed", but some of the others have been known to call for a tow truck if the lot fills up with non-residents.

Since I had two friends with me, we unloaded our gear and parked the other car remotely so we could shuttle back to it. We got the ticket, as promised, but didn't think $5 a piece was unreasonable for easy parking.

I guess I've been lucky so far. We parked there last night around 7PM for a twilight dive. It was a long dive...we didn't leave until at least 9. No ticket.

I've never dove Folly at this time of day before -- it was really a nice time to be out there. Prior dives at the location have always been day or night. Saw more fish life last night than I've seen in a while -- several large stripers, cod, pollock, cunner, skates, flounder, sea raven, among others. In some of the larger crevices there were large schools of these fish hanging around. Not many sizeable lobsters, although I did see that MONSTER that lurks along the left wall -- I've seen him a few times now. He is so big (he's got to be in the 5-8 lbs range)...it has to be the same one.

As always at Folly -- plenty of beautiful anemones and other flora.

Also noticed thousands of infant fish close to the bottom in the sandy shallows on the way back in.

If a cop goes by they will ticket you!!
And if your not in the water they will tell you its a tow zone(for non residents)I have not seen or talked to anyone who's been towed yet have yous? I was diving off a boat on halibut point
last sunday. We where at 53 feet and ran into a lobster in the 18 to 22 lb range!!! The thing was huge.

Rick L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom