Park Fee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting cheaper all the time!

For those who can't remove them, grab the INSIDE end of the bracelet and tug. Rips right off.

Bonaire's tags aren't prohibitively expensive, and I'll bet at least a couple of people there dive hundreds of dives a year, too.

2014 they were 28 pesos.
Yeah, well - filling my car with gas costs more this year, too. Oh wait...!! :confused:

Forgive me if this has already been covered but the search feature here is not my best friend...

Is the park fee required for shore diving? If so, where does one go about getting the wrist band? Are they available where you rent tanks?

Forgive me if this has already been covered but the search feature here is not my best friend...

Is the park fee required for shore diving? If so, where does one go about getting the wrist band? Are they available where you rent tanks?

Wrist band should only be required in the marine park. SCC is well north of the park.

Spooky. I don't think I said SCC, at least not in this thread. At least not recently. I am going to SCC but I'm considering shore diving elsewhere.

Spooky. I don't think I said SCC, at least not in this thread. At least not recently. I am going to SCC but I'm considering shore diving elsewhere.

Park fees & band are required diving in the park, which also requires a local Dive Master - so ask the DM.

So far I've only gone diving there from a SCC dive boat. Is the DM to make sure people don't screw up the reefs?
I suppose in part anyway. You can shore dive some places without a park band and DM, and the area from Villa Blanca to SCC can be interesting if you avoid boat traffic. Other areas like around docks and piers can get you killed or arrested, up north can be interesting if you don't get hit by a boat or swept to Cuba, etc. I save my time and energy for boat dives, then naps.

Back
Top Bottom