Paradise Springs/Devil's Den Report 1/16-17/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Theres also a neat little opening around 70 ft on the left side. It almost looks like it opens up after a sidemount restriction of around 20 ft long...

It does NOT open up.

The passage makes a bend to the right and continues for quite a bit as a restriction. I turned after spooling out to the end of my spool.

The danger with the passage is that both the ceiling and floor are soft clay. There are no line placements (i used a backup light stuck in the clay to avoid a line trap). I would not waste my time going in there since it goes to zero milk really fast due to your bubbles and your movement.

It then flows out into the basin within about 30-45mins so others don't like it when you waste your time in there either.

Thanks for the confirmation.. I was mostly kidding as there must be a foot of clay in there. Since you've been in that tunnel, do you have any experience with the hole behind the platform at the back? Last time I was there, it looked like there was a barrel or something behind the rocks as if someone tried to close up the hole...

My little bro and I were at Paradise Friday 1/29/10 and we had the place to ourselves all day! Vis is great when it is empty. Yeah there is a warm outflow from that horizontal slit at about 85 feet. We were there just after x-mas and shared the cavern with three other divers, again on a weekday. If you share the cavern with divers that have less than good bouyancy control it will get mucked up in a hurry.

i've been there like a dozen times and never seen this mythical whale bone. i wouldn't feel too bad about it if I were you :wink:
it's a pretty cavern

If I remember correctly the whale bone is directly to the right of the stairs at about 5 ft deep. There is a crevice in the wall and if you look back into it you can see a vertebra. I always assumed it was that big rock next to the stairs when you get in, but I just happened to see it the last time I was there when I was screwing around looking at the fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom