Paradise Island in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba41girl

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would be so appreciative if I could get 2 questions answered. My friend and I are going Paradise Island in May. I am certified and want to dive but my friend is not. We would like to do a trip on the same boat, so I can dive and she can snorkel. Does anyone know if a trip like this is offered?

Also, we will eat at the Atlantis a few nights but we would like to check out some restaurants that the locals would recommend (places that aren't pricey but have great food).

Thanks so much!

Yes, Stuart Cove's has a couple boats that go to shallow dive sites for both snorkelers and divers (on the same boat). There is a Stuart Cove boat (2 of them) docked at the Atlantis marina. One both is snorkelers only, one is for entry-level divers. It goes to a spot that is no more than 25 ft deep. Probably can snorkel just fine on that dive boat. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Re food- Anthony's next to Atlantis is very good. Across the bridge in Nassau, go to the fish fry. There are a few restaurants there, but Twin Brothers is my fave. Ask for sky juice. Graycliff is also excellent, but pricey.

Other than those (and Outback Steakhouse, Hard Rock, and Señor Frogs), I don't really know.

When I am in Nassau, I dive with explore scuba, explorescubabahamas.com. They will cater the trip to you. Dive where you want, when you want, and how you want! Tell Shawn you were referred by a member of the Honey Badger Dive Team :D

Back
Top Bottom