Pantyhose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are too funny! How would the fish get inside the wetsuit??? :rolleyes:

I thought you meant RAINSUIT... with which you could just "flash 'em". :tease:

:stooges:

I guess this is the type of humor I can expect from SCUBA divers?
:jester:

Pantyhose work great under drysuits for added warmth with virtually no extra bulk. I have frequently wondered whether the same benefit would apply when using a wetsuit. Has anyone actually tried this?

I think pantyhose are cheaper than skinsuits....

otter-cat:rolleyes:

there is a product out there called a lube suit....and it works great!...though a bit pricey....it's a slick reinforced synthetic material that has gloves and booties...my sons used it for awhile till they got good at donning a wetsuit.....but even for a big guy like me it got me into my wetsuit in nothing flat....goodluck Jim

I have used pantyhose or lycra tights for years under my full 3mm suit. It just makes it so much easier to get on/off.

When we were on our Red Sea liveaboard last year, there was one fellow who was having a devil of a time getting his 7mm suit on. I gave him a couple pairs of pantyhose. Voila! No problems.

However, when the day came that they were doing the video, he refused to put them on. Of course the diveguide who was filming decided to "let the secret out" by showing a pair of pantyhose while this fellow was suiting up. :tease:

Needless to say we avoided the whole problem by diving dry. :wink:

~SubMariner~

I have avoided anything other than tropical water precicely because I hate donning 6mm wetsuits. When I was doing dives for my OW cert in the local quarry, we had to use 6mm suits and hoods because it is 60 degrees below the thermocline. I was just exhausted after fighting to get my suit on -- it made me wonder whether I was even physically fit enough to dive. I vowed to only dive in warm water where I wouldn't need the horrible things.

Last week, however, when I was in Coz, I saw a woman who had a 5mm Henderson hyperstretch. She had taken off the top part for the surface interval, so we are talking about a WET wetsuit here. I asked her how difficult it was to put the top part of the wetsuit back on when it was wet, and she put her arm all the way in within, literally, half a second. I was impressed!

I had a similar experience diving 1/4" neoprene during my OW dives. It took me literaly 1/2 hr to get on the suit... and I skinned EVERY ONE of my knuckles doing it. THEN the Instructor decides to offer the panythose advice!!! :fury: So during lunch I go over to the local store & buy at least 3 pairs.

I dove wet up to Rescue Diver. At that point my max downtime diving wet was only 25 minutes. Enter the drysuit at DIT level.. I've never gone back.

As I may or may not have mentioned, we each have only two suits: 1/8" neoprene (pool & tropical diving) and a DUI trilam. That covers everything for us!

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom