Panicking Over Weight of Regulator!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does ScubaPro even sell the "T" models anymore? It's not listed on their current U.S. Website.

Scubastore has the technical details listed but no price. Scubapro MK25T S600T. Regulators Regulators set, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive

MK25T/S600T TITANIUM REGULATOR SYSTEM:

This system offers the same performance as the brass version, but in a sophisticated and lightweight package:

- Machined titanium body and components for the MK25T, from a solid block of titanium.

- Titanium trim ring and plate for the S600T.

I think it was about $1600 retail. Also Scubastore is in Europe so warranty service becomes an issue

I've been carrying my Mk25/S600s around the world for the last five years. Great regs -- they breathe extremely well, and you can get service on them almost anywhere.

MK25/S600 is a great reg, you should feel happy... They have switched the barrel from plastic to metal in 2011 IIRC so that might create that feeling that it is heavier.

But in any case I carry my regs in my backpack and as it is not big I have never been asked so far to get it weighted. Because the regs are not bulky but heavy I was able to carry more than the allowance most of the time unnoticed. I see no reason of spending much more money on a Ti reg for the weight reason.

As others have said don't worry about it you have purchased top of the line regs with performance to match which IMO is more important than saving a lb. FWIW i think your reg set is better than a Flight. I dive Apeks FSR/XTX which are also pretty heavy and too travel dive a lot, I cut weight in other areas such as clothing, lighter fins etc.

mk25 is not the lightest nor the small first stage out there, but by no mean a heavy item. Its solid construction does make it feel dense tho. I can weight my mk25 vs my atomic ti first stage and tell you the weight saving if you want.

mk25 is not the lightest nor the small first stage out there, but by no mean a heavy item. Its solid construction does make it feel dense tho. I can weight my mk25 vs my atomic ti first stage and tell you the weight saving if you want.
Or you could look on their websites:

MK25: 1st Stage: INT 230 825g / 29.1 - DIN 300 592g / 20.9oz
S600: 2nd State: Weight: 193g / 6.8oz
35.9 ounces is equivalent to 2.24 pounds

T2X
First and Second Stage (Yoke) 838g (1.8 lbs.)
First Stage Only (Yoke) 433g (.95 lbs.)
Second Stage w/Hose 380g (.84 lbs.)

Coming back to this late but I want to sincerely thank everyone for the input! I really appreciate it and you put me all at ease! The MK25 stays....

I think the miflex hoses are a bit lighter if you want to spend even more money....or you could just deal with the fact that you have to carry a whole 2 lbs. It's not like you're carrying it up a mountain.

Its always good to buy dive gear based on how it performs while diving instead of how easy it is to carry in your luggage. You've got a great regulator, enjoy it.

....or you could just deal with the fact that you have to carry a whole 2 lbs. It's not like you're carrying it up a mountain.

Well in my case... I sometimes am! I just spent ten months straight traveling and carried everything with me on my back. That's likely to be my lifestyle for a while. I know it's totally different for most people and I wouldn't fret so much if I was just packing a suitcase for a one week dive trip to a resort in the Caribbean. I probably should have explained my circumstances better in the first place!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom