Panama City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I_suk_air

Reaction score
My sisters are going to Hawaii over Thanks Giving so my father decided to go to the beach for the week. Being 25, I am still young enough to get that free bed at the beach house and since he is inviting why not.

Of course my intentions will be the diving. What is historically the weather/diving like this time of year? Any crazy currents hit, or anything else only locals know?

I'd immagine it be down in the 60's air temp but I am having difficult time researching historical weather conditions.
:banging:

Any help would be appreciated

I can honestly say that Thanksgiving is as often as not a shotr sleeved holiday. The water will still be low 70's at worst and unless there are storms to bump it up it's likely to be great. Viz could be up in the 80 - 100 foot range off shore...

at Thanksgiving, according to my log book, I was still diving in a 3 mil full suit with a 3 mil hooded vest, and water temps were 70F on the bottom (at 100', roughly 12 miles offshore)

There was a 2 degree REVERSE thermocline (bottom warmer than top) according to my computer's log; this was on 11/24 last year.

Air temp was 72F.

Absolutely gorgeous conditions from that perspective.

Vis that I recorded that day was from 20-30' - not stellar, but we had an ugly tropical storm that year that blew out the vis for quite some time.

If they stay away this year, it should be even better in terms of vis....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom