Panama City Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check with Panama City Beach Dive Locker on Thomas Drive they dive the Hathaway bridge Spans they are 5 to 7 miles from jetties about 65 to 80 feet Uss Strength good one think bottom depth is 82 feet I believe super structure starts at 62 I think contact Tony at 850-230 8006 or www.divelockerpcb.com any questions feel free to pm me

Well right now the viz at the jetties is way down. It may be better by the time you guys get here. I have dove out there several times, I just live about 2 miles from it. Morrison springs is very nice, cold, but nice. The viz is usually good unless it had been raining. Have Fun....

Morrison is good and flooded right now.

The day that Elba flooded Holmes Creek was coming over the Birm. Harold bulit a diverson pipe that comes out just downstream from the spring and that shunts the tannic water away from the bowl. The flow is about 90 million gallons a day and pretty much keeps the diving area clean.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I've only seen Cypress flooded once and that was when the waterlevels were above flood stage in Dec '04. I think the flow keeps the tannic water down the run for the most part.

I consider this spring a safe bet pretty much anytime, if you have the means to get there.

Tom Smedley:
The day that Elba flooded Holmes Creek was coming over the Birm. Harold bulit a diverson pipe that comes out just downstream from the spring and that shunts the tannic water away from the bowl. The flow is about 90 million gallons a day and pretty much keeps the diving area clean.
True, but the doesnt stop the river from backing up. Ive seen it get pretty close to Cypress, where the brown water stops about 50ft from the spring. And that wasnt a high flood.

First time I dove it(Dec '04) the water levels were over floodstage and tannic water was backed up on the West side of the basin and over the vents the water was blue but very milky w/5-10' visibility. We figured it'd be flooded, but I think our little party just wanted to get wet no matter what.

Haven't seen it like that since, but it does happen on rare occasion.

Theres some nice dives out from Orange Beach , The Bridge rubble (atlantis) is about 50 -- 60 ft. its the old Alabama pass bridge they sunk off shore thats were it gets its nickname due parts of the rumble looking like giant stone colums like you would find in greece . There alot of nice dives off the pan handle and Alabama in the depth range of 50-70 ft ., call the local dive shops in the areas ......But like every body else is saying vis. is different day to day.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom